PDA

View Full Version : remote starter problem

ira
10-18-2004, 12:43 PM
hello everyone.
i just joined this forum.
first i gotta tell you all that english is not my first language so please be easy.

i installed crime guard 850i. alarm/starter combo system with 2 way com transmitter.
alarm works fine.
when i remote start,it cranks,starts and runs for about 5sec then shuts down.
i checked it with everything i could think of.
i found 2 weird symptoms.
1;it does same thing even with the key in ignition on position.
(key is in on position,all the panels are lit,once it started and running, how does it shuts engine off???)
1;most of the time it works ok after i started with key once.

i have to mention one more thing.
everyone konws 04 h2 comes with passlock2 fuctory scutity right?
but when i went to local lock smith to make an extra key,the guy said it doesnt have it. he had this detector device and ran through it. he gave me a plane metal lill key and it worked.

however, i used bypassed module for the passlock2 anyway(tried without it also), conected wire to read engine rpm, i even tried with other brand alarm/starter unit.

anyone has any idea?
thank you.

ira
hello everyone.
first i gotta tell you all that english is not my first language so please be easy.

i installed crime guard 850i. alarm/starter combo system with 2 way com transmitter.
alarm works fine.
(key is in on position,all the panels are lit,once it started and running, how does it shuts engine off???)

but when i went to local lock smith to make an extra key,the guy said it doesnt have it. he had this detector device and ran through it. he gave me a plane metal lill key and it worked.

however, i used bypassed module for the passlock2 anyway(tried without it also), conected wire to read engine rpm, i even tried with other brand alarm/starter unit.

anyone has any idea?
thank you.

ira
hello everyone.

alarm works fine.

anyone has any idea?
thank you.

HummMe
10-19-2004, 09:54 AM
This is def. a passlock issue. It just happened to my H2 Friday night. I hadnt used my remote start for a while then I hit it coming out of a bar and it just kept starting and stalling. There is probably a problem with your interface module. Mine had an open in the power feed wire. Good luck.

TBarrow
10-20-2004, 02:29 PM
My installer was adjusting mine on the initial install as it was doing the same thing. I have the Clifford system and the hood pin had to be adjusted as it was saying the hood was open and the remote start is disabled to prevent accidental starting when the hood was open. mine also will not start at night when you disarm the alarm first as the backup lights turn on. It thinks the truck is in gear and will not allow it. Just things I have experienced hope it helps.

ira
10-28-2004, 01:45 AM
thank you for your reply.
i noticed when the engine is cold,it just dont work. when its warm,like after driving,usually works fine.
and when i succefully started by remote,i get "service 4wd" sign on the panel.
what does it mean? wrong wiring?
anyone has any idea which wire it could be?
thank you.