PDA

View Full Version : replacing the cd changer...

DiscoDuck
10-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I am getting an error on the stereo headunit that says "focus" everytime we try to play a cd. I figure I might as well replace it but have a question... Has anyone replaced the in-dash cd changer with a DVD player/headunit that has the motorized LCD screen? If so, how did it fit? was any customizing required? Did you remove the Monsoon or try to tie in to it? If you got rid of the monsoon, what did you put over the hole in the dash?

Thanks

Shawn

DiscoDuck
10-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Help.... anyone?

I am looking at buying a Clarion vrx775vd 7" touch screen but I need to know what I'm gettin into... does anyone sell a kit to mount a standard headunit in the space where the cd changer is?

Thanks
Shawn

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon
10-10-2007, 04:34 AM
It should fit fine. Go to http://metraonline.com/vehicleguide.aspx for you exact dash kit.

SELWA
10-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm a Kenwwod man myself!

If you mount the unit where the changer is I think it's too far. I'd mount the deck in it's proper location and in place of the changer have a larger screen for the passengers.

DiscoDuck
10-18-2007, 04:05 AM
I'm a Kenwwod man myself!

If you mount the unit where the changer is I think it's too far. I'd mount the deck in it's proper location and in place of the changer have a larger screen for the passengers.

Sounds like a plan... Installing a VRX775VD in the headunit spot but now I have to find a motorized big screen monitor to go in the place of the cd changer... Anyone know of one that will fit? As big as possible.

Thanks!

SELWA
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Not sure what would be a good fit. It's too bad LCD PC monitors are so much cheaper that and LVD TV monitor! I'd have a nice 19" on the dog house for all to see!!:jump:

Ernie Italy
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I have replaced the Monsoon Unit with a Kenwood.
This becaue the USA radio in Italy do not work...The FM radio station have a frequency of 0.1 step i.e. 100.8 MhZ and have RDS...
Removed the stock unit and on the space of CD changer (the kenwood have a MP3 Player) I have make a space for cell...book and all everyone have into truck...the H1 do not have good space for storage...
Ernie Italy

tower
12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
You might want to check out the Kenwood DNX 7100. Crutchfield does not have the very best prices, but they do sell no-cut adaptors and have good support.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=dnx+7100&i=113DNX7100

ssgharkness020147
12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Disco,
IMO, the best way to fit a larger head unit in the H1 is to put it where the existing unit is located, THEN re-locate the HVAC controls to where the stock changer is, or in between the two cigarette lighters are on the dog house.