PDA

View Full Version : SkyJacker 5.5" Suspension Lift Kit

Detonate
10-07-2003, 01:28 PM
http://www.skyjacker.com/products-search-detail.asp?ID=14385&vyear=2003&vmake=HUMMER&vmodel=H2&partnumber=H2681CK

Does anyone have one of these installed?

If so, what sized tires and wheels are you running?

Anyone know the advantages of this Suspension Lift over a Rancho Body lift?

What does it mean when they say...
"SMA and Skyjacker deliver an aggressive suspension package for the Hummer H2. The front suspension is tied together with front steering knuckles, massive cross-members and an integrated two piece four-point skid plate. The rear suspension features long arm technology from Skyjacker's Rock Ready line. It is suitable for both coil spring and air bag equipped models. 5.5" inches of lift is big enough for 39x13.50 tires on 4.5" back spaced wheels. Our lift kit also includes 4 Nitro Shocks with boots."

Does the "steering kunckles" have anything to do with the Tie Rod dilema? And what the hell is Long Arm Technology? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder

Detonate
10-07-2003, 01:28 PM
http://www.skyjacker.com/products-search-detail.asp?ID=14385&vyear=2003&vmake=HUMMER&vmodel=H2&partnumber=H2681CK

Does anyone have one of these installed?

If so, what sized tires and wheels are you running?

Anyone know the advantages of this Suspension Lift over a Rancho Body lift?

What does it mean when they say...
"SMA and Skyjacker deliver an aggressive suspension package for the Hummer H2. The front suspension is tied together with front steering knuckles, massive cross-members and an integrated two piece four-point skid plate. The rear suspension features long arm technology from Skyjacker's Rock Ready line. It is suitable for both coil spring and air bag equipped models. 5.5" inches of lift is big enough for 39x13.50 tires on 4.5" back spaced wheels. Our lift kit also includes 4 Nitro Shocks with boots."

Does the "steering kunckles" have anything to do with the Tie Rod dilema? And what the hell is Long Arm Technology? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2

DURAMAX TIM
10-07-2003, 02:37 PM
The steering knuckles have the dropped spindles on them so u switch w/ the stock ones,this will give more ground clearance under front 3rd member.
Dodges run the long arm on their lifts, i think they are running longer trailing arms on the 5 link we have now, almost like traction bars from dragracing.
If u look at the pic u can see the drop spindle front knuckles, blue circle, and the 2 long arms for the rear axle, red circle.
Load the .pdf installation instructions and it shows all the parts and the mountings.
Very complete w/ pics of install.
Go for it u'll look good.

Detonate
10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
I doubt it would look good on 35" AT's...

Wonder what size tires I'll need to fill the well a bit.

37" Pro Comp MT's are what I was considering going with.

Also, I'm still curious on how the Suspension lift will benefit me over the Rancho 4" Body...

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2

HummerTeam
10-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Jim,

The Rancho 4" lift is a full suspension lift.

I would not suggest any kind of a body lift, and never a body lift in conjunction with a suspension lift.

Rancho or Skyjacker are about the same...Come by and I will show you all the components on mine..

With a 4" lift, 37's just barely are big enough.

Travis

http://www.HummerTeam.com

DURAMAX TIM
10-07-2003, 03:45 PM
they say u can go 13.5X39 so u will need a bigger tire to look good.
The dropped spindles will give more ground clearance under the front skid pan (like H1).
The long arms take more torque and are stronger, they should give more articulation (form Rock Ready line).
Some super swamper TSL or 15X38.5 ground hogs would really look good on it.
Nothing like that big lugs for looks http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.
I get on my other computer I have some pics of the TSL 12.3X36 on the wife's H2.

HUMMERDOGG
10-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Detonate-

I was at 4 Wheel Parts on the North side of Houston this past weekend and spent some time talking to the Manager there-Chad Denena. He's been around installing General Motors IFS lifts for a long time now. We got to talking about the Skyjacker kit for the H2. He said they had attempted to install one a month or so back and spent three weeks trying to get it to work right. Evidently because of the way the Skyjacker kit works (moving the front differential over and utilizing spacers (3.063" on the driver and 15/16" on the passenger... can you say dirty???) to line up the C.V. shafts) it resulted in tremendous driveline vibration. Granted, this is the only Skyjacker H2 Kit they have done, however, they eventually took it off the H2 and put on a Rancho kit. They have installed plenty of Rancho H2 kits and had nothing but good things to say about them. We talked about the new Fabtech H2 kit that is suppose to be coming out next month and it looks like I might be getting one of those installed if the wife gives me the o.k....

Hopefully this helps.

-HUMMERDOG

*NO LONGER A member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

Detonate
10-13-2003, 12:20 PM
What size tires are you going to go for?

I think 37's look a bit tiny on a 6" lift.

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/app%20images/hummer/h2-beauty.jpg

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2

HUMMERDOGG
10-13-2003, 01:24 PM
I agree, those tires are too short and too narrow. I was thinking of some 39x15's...

ZeroTolerance
10-13-2003, 01:54 PM
I was thinking about going with a Full Throttle or Custom Fab lift and maybe some 44's or 46's or 39-18 Mickeys. Also there is a new lift on the market that I saw somewhere but can not remember the name of it. Have seen it on a few H2's in this area, will keep looking and get back on this topic.. I know that when done my H2 will be HUGE...

ZeroTolerance
10-13-2003, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Rancho 4" lift is a full suspension lift.
I would not suggest any kind of a body lift, and never a body lift in conjunction with a suspension lift.
Rancho or Skyjacker are about the same...Come by and I will show you all the components on mine..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HummerTeam, why would you say never use a body lift with a suspension lift? Or are you talking about Hummers only?
I have had many trucks with a 3" body and suspension lifts up to and over 22", so ya that is 25" and over for lift total and running 39's, 44's, and even the new IROC 49's at one time. There is nothing wrong with running a suspension lift and a body lift if it is done by the right person and company. I had all my trucks like this and would never hesitate to do it again... Was just trying to clarify that statement that you made, if it was about the H2 only then NO, I would not install a body lift at all, not even sure they make one for the H2 or that they ever will.....

HUMMERDOGG
10-13-2003, 03:05 PM
ZeroTolerance-

I saw a set of those 49" IROK's at 4 Wheel Parts this weekend. Amazing is all I can say. I just moved from the River Oaks zip code 77019 back up to the north side of town to our other house. I had a townhouse off of Waugh and West Clay however, the 8 month old required us to move back out... I think I know the suspension kit you are talking about... It's a new oufit out of Pasadena, Texas called 3RD COAST SUSPENSION. Below is a link to their website which features their H2 lift.

http://3rdcoastsuspension.com/

By the way, I was behind the black H2 that BNC OFFROAD did out in Pasadena with the license plate NAST-E that is on their website. It was heading up I-45 North to Conroe yesterday. I was like a kid in a candy store telling my wife to hurry up and catch up so I could see it. Talk about Big...

http://www.bncoffroad.com/hummer/

-HUMMERDOGG

Grim_Smoker
10-14-2003, 12:10 AM
You know, I sent an email to 3rd coast inquiring about their lifts, and I couldn't help but ask them if they're affiliated with Full Throttle Suspensions. Any of you ever been to www.fullthrottlesuspension.com (http://www.fullthrottlesuspension.com) ? Look at they're products page, then look at the 3rd coast products page......almost identical, right down to the parts being listed in the same order. I find this kind of odd...

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

TBarrow
10-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Hey Houston Hummer owners, I was at Corvettes of Houston on I-45 and the owner just installed a rancho system on his H2 with 38" tires. I was able to drive it before the lift and experience the super Charger as well as other toys he has installed. Let's just say it was fun and he has cool toy's.

http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

ZeroTolerance
10-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Well I know the guys at BNC Offroad, they lifted all my trucks. Also the 3rd Coast lift they do is ALMOST identical to the Full Throttle lift... I know that the guys at BNC told me they changed some stuff on their lift.. Not sure about it, but I do agree Grim, they look identical....Plus 3rd Coast is not a new thing, they have been around, just under a different name... They have been BNC offroad all this time... I know that if you are curious about their work talk to Trey, he is a buddy of mine and he had all his trucks lifted there and I know that he was happy for the most part put I know that he did have some issues with them.......

HummerDogg, that guy is Chris, he lives up there in the Woodlands somewhere...

All I can say is do business with 3rd Coast at your own risk, I know my buddy as well had 3 of his trucks lifted at BNC and had some issues with all 3 trucks.. Not sure it was the kits that were installed but I know that workmanship was well....Not sure how to put it.. Shotty.......

Good luck... I am planning on having my H2 lifted but I think that if and when I do it, I am sending it out to California to have it done, I will let Full Throttle do it themselves and put it on a transport to send it back..

HUMMERDOGG
10-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Tbarrow-

Yeah, the Corvettes of Houston guy's H2 was up on a lift at 4WP when I was there on Saturday. They ran into some problems getting the air compressor to kick on to lift the rear so I was out back with them trying to figure it out. Anyways, I missed getting to ride in it after the lift since they weren't able to get it finished before I had to leave (wifey calling...). I'd like to ride in it now with the lift and supercharger...

ZeroTolerance-

When you refer to Trey, are you referring to Trey who is in chiropractic college down in Pasadena?

-HUMMERDOGG

ZeroTolerance
10-14-2003, 01:31 AM
HummerDogg,

Yes I am. He and his brother are very good friends of mine, his brother is part of the SCCA, and Porsche Club of America, and I see them out at the track in College Station all the time... Do you know him?

HUMMERDOGG
10-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Meet me in the chat and we'll discuss that 3rd Coast Suspension...

[This message was edited by HUMMERDOGG on 10-13-03 at 08:47 PM.]

TBarrow
10-14-2003, 08:08 PM
It rides just as your factory truck does. It turned out great I went by today and saw the finished product. The 38's are mounted on 16.5" whels and are super swampers. Just go by he will give you a ride.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

HUMMERDOGG
10-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Hey TBarrow-

What is the guy's name over there at Corvettes of Houston? Can I just say that you sent me?

-HUMMERDOGG

TBarrow
10-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Talk to Paul in parts and he will take care of you.

Todd