PDA

View Full Version : grinding or scratching noise from passenger front

wannabeH3
03-28-2006, 05:37 AM
so i took a road trip to cali with my serv tpm light still flashing and got to my sisters ranch and was flyin down a dirt road and hit some small mud puddles and cake my truck in mud then go to the local high school to pickup my nephew as a surprise visit thing...anyways i promptly put my passenger front tire on the curb and back down again and when i get the kid and go to leave i hear this grinding noise like the fender is rubbin on the tire. i check it and no rubbing , i go and still hear it, check again there is nothing dragging

I just did a tortion bar lift las week
2.5 turns

i hose it off and still heard it. anyways what did i break? front cv maybe cuz of the lift? or maybe a skid plate is messed up? what do yall think?

DennisAJC
03-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Mud or rock in the brake caliper???

Noise when the rig is in motion or during turns only?

bparker
03-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Mine did the same very wierd thing to me after I hit a deep puddle doing about 30-40mph. It quit doing it after about 2 weeks but I never found the cause... Very odd. I thought I broke something...

RubHer Yellow Ducky
03-28-2006, 06:15 AM
I've examined the patient very closely:

Take 2 six-packs and call me in the morning...

RYD

f5fstop
03-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Mud or rock in the brake caliper???

I agree

bparker
03-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Yea, mine was when coming to a slow speed and turning. Like turning on to another street. But never made a noise when braking going straight.

Originally posted by DennisAJC:

wannabeH3
03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
same here low speed starts and stops

wannabeH3
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
figured it out dealer said its the t-case and they are replacing it hopefully its done by friday cuz im in cali and gotta be home this weekend

bparker
03-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Bah! you quitter! Ima keep mine till it busts. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

wannabeH3
03-29-2006, 04:55 AM
well i thought it was splines on the front cv joints or something after the tortion bar lift, it sounded like it came from the front right tire to me, but the passenger said they thought it was comin from the center. aw well i wonder how this will affect the future of my vehicle

bparker
03-29-2006, 05:26 AM
Gah, seems like we had the exact same thing. Mine too sounded like it was in the right front wheel well or even corner fender area. But again mine went away for now at least. =)

DennisAJC
03-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by wannabeH3:
figured it out dealer said its the t-case and they are replacing it hopefully its done by friday cuz im in cali and gotta be home this weekend

T-Case??? That was one hell of a puddle with a submerged rock or stump.

Puddle to a Hummer = Lake to any other rig. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

f5fstop
03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
If it is the t/case, it has to be a coincidence. The vent hose is up high, as it should be. Even if the drain close was off and the plug was open, a momentary splash should have nothing to do with it.
Unless...some tree hugger poured some Starbucks coffee down the hose. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wannabeH3
03-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by bparker:
Gah, seems like we had the exact same thing. Mine too sounded like it was in the right front wheel well or even corner fender area. But again mine went away for now at least. =)

see i pressure washed under the rig cuz it was covered in mud then the sound went away for me too but i took it to the dealer to fix my tpm error and heck it out and they called me 4 hours later and said they duplicated the sound and its from the t case so i dunno :P