PDA

View Full Version : Banks Exhaust

H2 TOIE
01-09-2004, 06:15 PM
I got the Banks exhaust and it sounds great on the outside but inside between 2500 and 3000 rpm it is extreamly loud. They said that it happens on some of the H2's and not others.
Has anyone else had this problem?
If they can't fix it what system works the best?

Dan

H2 TOIE
01-09-2004, 06:15 PM
I got the Banks exhaust and it sounds great on the outside but inside between 2500 and 3000 rpm it is extreamly loud. They said that it happens on some of the H2's and not others.
Has anyone else had this problem?
If they can't fix it what system works the best?

Dan

89vette
01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
There was another post about this and it was so bad, Banks took it back. Corsa is a very good exhaust for lack of interior resonance. I plan on purchasing the touring version after I pay my taxes!

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

Buckeye Hummer
01-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Gale Banks is an acquaintance of mine at the gym here in Pasadena. If you have a specific question, type it out here and I will give it to him and let him know. We're not friends, I've never bought anything from him but could get a note to him because I see him about 3x per week.

Jason

H2 TOIE
01-09-2004, 09:47 PM
I have talked to the customer service and they are working on the problem. I have had there exhaust on other trucks and have been happy with them so i was suprised with this system but since my wife won't even ride in the h2 now i need to find a fix soon. I am in Phoenix until next week so when i get home if they don't call it will be time for something else(wish i had not cut off the old one but i got a sawzall for christmas)

H2 TOIE
01-16-2004, 09:53 PM
So i just got off the phone with banks and they do not have a fix so they will buy me a new factory exhaust and refund me for the banks.
I still would like to get a muffler what about the xtremeflow who has one and does it resonate between 2500 and 3000 rpm

Thanks Dan

TMKHUM
01-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Actually you can cure most of the resonance issues.

I have a magnaflow exhaust on my H2, and it had pretty bad drone. Car Chemistry exhaust inserts right after the output side of the muffler will knock down most of the resonance issues. It will also mellow the sound a bit.

They typically use them in racing headers, and are very low restriction.

Dynotech makes some similar inserts also.

Tom

TBarrow
01-17-2004, 03:11 AM
For what it is worth I have the B&B stainless Headers and B&B Stainless exhaust and notice no resonance issues. Even rear passengers have no complaints. I did get complaints in the Yukon XL I had prior with another companies exhaust system.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and exhaust, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.