PDA

View Full Version : speedometer

HUMHER
12-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Has any experienced problems with the speedometer sticking at 60, even when in parked and the engine off?
When I turn the key to on ,the gauge reads 60,and once the hummer starts to go ,the speedo goes to 120.The engine is fine ,it's just the gauge.
This is the second time within a week ,the dealer is trying to fix.
Any help in this catagory.t
Thanks
Steve

HUMHER
12-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Has any experienced problems with the speedometer sticking at 60, even when in parked and the engine off?
When I turn the key to on ,the gauge reads 60,and once the hummer starts to go ,the speedo goes to 120.The engine is fine ,it's just the gauge.
This is the second time within a week ,the dealer is trying to fix.
Any help in this catagory.t
Thanks
Steve

Steve R
12-30-2002, 04:54 AM
your guage is screwy...take it to the dealer and make them fix it. To my knowledge, nobody has had that problem ever.

HUMHER
12-30-2002, 09:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
your guage is screwy...take it to the dealer and make them fix it. To my knowledge, nobody has had that problem ever.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, I did bring it back to the dealer, and now there telling me it might be the alpine navagation burning out the speedo.
Doesn't make any sense to me ,since I had the alpine for about two months now ,without a flaw.
I called alpine ,and they told me they have not heard of any problems with the H2 and there system.
Ieven called Hummer Assistance,and they haven't heard of this problem.
Thanks for your thoughts
Steve

Big Z
12-31-2002, 03:03 PM
I've had the same problem on other rigs. On one it was lack of lubrication in the speedometer cable. The other was damaged (cable) while off roading, both were chevys. If these are electronic--sounds like an open circuit--first replace the speedometer, (should fix the problem), then start checking for loose connection, damaged or broken lead.