PDA

View Full Version : Really Ugly Off Road Tires?

cyberaxe
12-08-2003, 01:07 PM
H2 Source Newbie here, was wondering if any of you experts knew what was the "ugliest" off road tires that would fit on factory rims?

I picked up a set of factory rims off ebay ($150.00 for the set) and want to mount some strictly off road "fun" tires on them.

Any help would be greatly apreciated!
Thanks!

cyberaxe
12-08-2003, 01:07 PM
H2 Source Newbie here, was wondering if any of you experts knew what was the "ugliest" off road tires that would fit on factory rims?

I picked up a set of factory rims off ebay ($150.00 for the set) and want to mount some strictly off road "fun" tires on them.

Any help would be greatly apreciated!
Thanks!

RIC-H0
12-08-2003, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't call then ugly, But I have a set of Super SWamper SSR's that I am Really enjoying the capability of.
You could go with a set of Boggers or the Irok's are pretty aggressive.
As long as you stay with a 37X12.5 you should be OK to go with pretty much anything.

Good luck, and let us know what you decided on.
You can usually get a pretty quick response if you have any other questions.

Ric-H2

RIC-H0
12-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks Seth!
I took them (SSR's) out to Big Shell this weekend for some pretty Mild Playing in the Sand, and they ran just fine.
The tires themselves are kina noisy, But I personally like my Hummer to Hummm down the road.
I would reccomend them to pretty much anyone that is looking for a good aggressive tire capable of climbing rocks, and playing in the mud too!
Just be warned rocks are sharp, and they will take some pretty good chunks out of the lugs.

Ric-H2

cyberaxe
12-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks Guys!!!!

I've been looking at the Super Swampers pretty hard.

I don't care about any noise, or how well they ware for that matter, these are going to be for FUN only!

Has anyone heard anything about the new BFG Krawler's?

Is there any other manufactures out there that make a 17" X 8" tire in the 35" to 37" range?

Thanks!

OLE YLLR
12-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Check out the PRO-COMP XTerrain, Ive had mine since January and no regrets. This tires come in 35's or 37's and work great in sand mud or snow. Yes they are noisy. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RIC-H0
12-08-2003, 05:47 PM
If you can pull up fourwheel and Offroad past articles, they did and article on the BFG Krawlers. I think it was about 3 months ago. They mentioned that the were awesome rock crawlers, but not good for on the road. Which should work well for your needs.

Let me know if you can't find it, and I can scan the article to you.

Ric-H2

cyberaxe
12-08-2003, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RIC-H2:
If you can pull up fourwheel and Offroad past articles, they did and article on the BFG Krawlers. I think it was about 3 months ago. They mentioned that the were awesome rock crawlers, but not good for on the road. Which should work well for your needs.

Ric-H2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, after about a million clicks on the random article link.........
(they don't have any search!)
I came up with this.....
we test-em all (http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/28358/)

If you know the url.......
I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks Again!

Jigga
12-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Good luck on finding MT/R's. I've been trying since f***ing July!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif. I expected them to be in today but of course they have been delayd. Maybe (BIG maybe) they'll make it by next week.

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package, 20% tinted front windows, K&N aircharger filter kit, 3 screen DVD and Playstation 2 system. Soon to come: 37" MT/R's, Warn winch, XM and subwoofers.

RIC-H0
12-08-2003, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberaxe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RIC-H2:

Ric-H2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, after about a million clicks on the random article link.........
(they don't have any search!)
I came up with this.....
http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/28358/

If you know the url.......
I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks Again!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will look it up tonite when I get Home!
If I can't find it, I will find the magazine, and scan the article for you.

Ric-H2

RIC-H0
12-09-2003, 04:16 AM
I got home and found that it was actually in a Fourwheeler magazine.
To be exact it was in the August 2003 issue.
It also happened to be the issue where they did a really nice review on the H2.
The site is WWW.FOURWHEELER.COM (http://WWW.FOURWHEELER.COM) GOOD LUCK on your search for offroad tires.

Ric

BAMFH2
12-09-2003, 06:30 AM
Jigga - you are so right about trying to find the MT/R's! Have tried to score a set either online or locally to no avail - till yesterday. Found a set with a decent set of custom wheels on eBay for $1K. Will have them on the H2 within a week!

Help Computers
www.helpcomputers.net (http://www.helpcomputers.net)
720-205-HELP

Adam in CO
12-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Blake, you stud! What is the size? What wheels?

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

Jigga
12-09-2003, 11:33 PM
If my set of MT/R's doesn't ship by Friday, I'm going to cancel my order and say to hell with them. I'll just keep my BFG AT's and buy something else cool.

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package, 20% tinted front windows, K&N aircharger filter kit, 3 screen DVD and Playstation 2 system. Soon to come: 37" MT/R's, Warn winch, XM and subwoofers.