PDA

View Full Version : Question for SJ

11-07-2002, 09:58 PM
SJ, I assume that the Pewter H2 on the landing page for this site is yours. I would like to know how much additional height does the roof rack and spare tire add to the over all height of your H2. I love your setup and would like to do the same. I want to see if it will still fit in my garage. I have oversized gargage doors so I may get luckly and it will still fit inside. Also who makes the rack and spare tire mount setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.

11-07-2002, 09:58 PM
SJ, I assume that the Pewter H2 on the landing page for this site is yours. I would like to know how much additional height does the roof rack and spare tire add to the over all height of your H2. I love your setup and would like to do the same. I want to see if it will still fit in my garage. I have oversized gargage doors so I may get luckly and it will still fit inside. Also who makes the rack and spare tire mount setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SJ
11-07-2002, 10:26 PM
battlewagon:

The rack and tire bring the highest point to 7'9" and that figure is not entirely accurate, so I'd bump the measure up to as much as 7'11" for variance.

The rack mounts and 2 cross-bars are from Thule [Swedish], while the actual cage and tire holder/lock are from Yakima [American].

One thing to consider is accessing the tire when needed. I can take the tire down very easily, but my biggest concern was my wife having to change a flat. We rigged a rope through the wheel's center so that she can now shimmy the tire down one side while using a towel between the tire and H2's body as to protect the paint.