PDA

View Full Version : Weird protesters

Karsun
01-01-2008, 03:27 AM
I wonder if any of you know what group this is. Today we were driving back from the mall area and on a really busy street we have there were these religious protesters. They had signs that said things like, "Catholicism is a false religion" and "Bring back prohibition" and "Drinking is a sin." They have a grim reaper dude and people with the electronic bull horns so he can yell at passing cars.

I think they're the same people who protested Brokeback Mountain and anything Harry Potter related but I'm not sure. I also don't imagine that they're just locals. I bet they have a "hive" somewhere. LOL

I have to say that we were immature by honking and flipping them off but that Catholicism comment pissed me off. I don't think G-d was angry with us for doing so since we went to have our H2 checked because it was leaking power steering fluid and the cost was only $20 for a loose hose clamp. ;)

DRTYFN
01-01-2008, 03:39 AM
:giggling:

KenP
01-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Probably that weird group from KS.:notallthere:

Karsun
01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Probably that weird group from KS.:notallthere:
That's exactly who I thought of but not sure if it was them. Maybe it was one of their minions. And yep, full out :notallthere: they are.

Agriv8r
01-01-2008, 08:40 PM
it was the rosey odonnell fan club....

GLBLWARMR
01-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I am sure if it was weird, stupid and full of fvcking idiots then it was probably the morons from Westboro Baptist Church.

wpage
01-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Any stranger than the paparazzi that hang out reporting on celebs? Bringing you E news. Promoting ignoramus:twak: news needs. :popcorn:

Marcmedic
01-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I am sure if it was weird, stupid and full of fvcking idiots then it was probably the morons from Westboro Baptist Church.

The signs she mentioned seem a little "off" compared to what they normally have on them.

Karsun
01-02-2008, 02:58 AM
The signs she mentioned seem a little "off" compared to what they normally have on them.

They reminded me of Phelp's group but yes, the signs weren't about homosexuality or the war, etc so I thought it was something somewhat similar and perhaps even local since they are always around during certain events.

Big Dad
01-02-2008, 03:10 AM
I believe the church is the body and well, you know, people are going to hate it as they hated Jesus. I'm not Roman Catholic...I'm Protestant, either way we are still of the same body and I think the group you encountered might just be a bit confused/on the wrong path. There's idiots everywhere. While yelling back probably made you feel vindicated, I'm not so sure it would have been the correct thing to do. Meaning I'd have shown them the bird! And then asked for forgiveness!

:jump:

Karsun
01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
I believe the church is the body and well, you know, people are going to hate it as they hated Jesus. I'm not Roman Catholic...I'm Protestant, either way we are still of the same body and I think the group you encountered might just be a bit confused/on the wrong path. There's idiots everywhere. While yelling back probably made you feel vindicated, I'm not so sure it would have been the correct thing to do. Meaning I'd have shown them the bird! And then asked for forgiveness!

:jump:

LOL read my post again, we honked and flipped them off. Didn't yell a single word. ;)

Big Dad
01-02-2008, 03:39 AM
LOL read my post again, we honked and flipped them off. Didn't yell a single word. ;)

Oh yeah, sorry bout that! I was thinking about my infidel side while I was typing! I would have been yelling at them while I was flipping them off and honking my horn!

And, then asking for forgiveness! It's so much easier asking for forgiveness than for permission!

:D

blindzebra
01-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Anyone seen PCU? :beerchug: