PDA

View Full Version : Time to reassess things....

BADRAP
07-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Ok I think that it is about time something like this got posted..
We are being a little crude in our posts these days and I am guilty too.. What I want to say is that this forum is full of people, many with Hummers and some without, and full of opinions which come from people with hummers and then the people that do not have them seem to have their own idea too. That is understandable, but the other thing that I want to point out is it is hard to have an arguement about a vehicle that you do not own and that for the most part unless you are a research buff, you do not know that much about.. I understand that many people have opinions and my main focus for this thread is to realize that we all have idea, opinions and thoughts. Can we not objectively and peacefully critique each others ideas, complaints, comments and suggestions, and the way to do this is to imagine that the idea is your own... Then you will understand what people feel like when they post something and then just get crammed in the jaw with rude comments and thoughtless responses...
Like I said, I am guilty as well, so before you post, stop take a deep breath and put yourself in that persons shoes and then wait another minute or two and think about what you want to say and then add some niceness to it...

If we can all do this and I mean everyone, then we can all get along together as Hummer owners, Jeep owners, Rover owners, and others....
Just an FYI... I think that we can make this forum better before it gets any worse.....

Have a nice day and smile you have a friend on a forum.....

BADRAP
07-31-2003, 03:59 PM
We are being a little crude in our posts these days and I am guilty too.. What I want to say is that this forum is full of people, many with Hummers and some without, and full of opinions which come from people with hummers and then the people that do not have them seem to have their own idea too. That is understandable, but the other thing that I want to point out is it is hard to have an arguement about a vehicle that you do not own and that for the most part unless you are a research buff, you do not know that much about.. I understand that many people have opinions and my main focus for this thread is to realize that we all have idea, opinions and thoughts. Can we not objectively and peacefully critique each others ideas, complaints, comments and suggestions, and the way to do this is to imagine that the idea is your own... Then you will understand what people feel like when they post something and then just get crammed in the jaw with rude comments and thoughtless responses...
Like I said, I am guilty as well, so before you post, stop take a deep breath and put yourself in that persons shoes and then wait another minute or two and think about what you want to say and then add some niceness to it...

If we can all do this and I mean everyone, then we can all get along together as Hummer owners, Jeep owners, Rover owners, and others....
Just an FYI... I think that we can make this forum better before it gets any worse.....

Have a nice day and smile you have a friend on a forum.....

Fellow Off-Roader
07-31-2003, 04:53 PM
you have made some very good points and although a newbie here, have been enjoying this off-road hobby for awhile.

this forum has many different areas to post which allows one to state something on which they might be knowledgeable. I certainly can't post anything of value on H2 ownership as I have Rovers. However, I might be able to add something worthwhile on the off-road section.

there are certainly general topics that effect all SUV type vehicles owners such as the slame by the Sierra Club on the H2. their politics should have anyone who values open land to use scared.

opinions are sortta like *******s - everyone has one. if I can't say what I write to a person in person than its not worth writting.

look forward to being a part of this group.

Z06_to_H2
07-31-2003, 06:16 PM
I agree.
I have only been here a week and it seems very neg.

03 H2 Black W/Lux Pck Tint, V1, Chrome rims, chrome rear letters, and sma fuel door on the way!
01 BMW 325i w/sport package
02 Z06 TR *SOLD* 7/14/03

Steve R
07-31-2003, 06:46 PM
it's all because our women left us! (and we're coming off a Jeeper attack)

AlamoJim
07-31-2003, 06:49 PM
this is a common cycle in all forums...kudos for trying to stay on top of it and keep things up-beat. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

troll wars and such events have a way of bringing a very negative vibe to any forum.

since we all enjoy the same sport...and we all agree we would not leave one another stranded, we should be able to act like adults. Quite frankly we have far worse enemies than each other out there (Sierra Clubbers - Kiss my Axle...oops, slipped out http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

I have been lurking for some time...started posting only recently. Seems like overall good people with a few venom spitters - just like any other forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(and we're coming off a Jeeper attack)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> negative on that rocket ranger, I disagree...your coming off a troll attack - they just happen to be jeep owners.

trolls come and go...the problem is they need to be reported to the moderator and then ignored completely - this is the best way to minimize the damage. (makes the moderators life difficult, but then again - I am not the moderator on this one!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

JMO

BADRAP
08-01-2003, 01:11 PM
I am just trying to help because I know that I was guilty myself..

Hope this changes the mood a little...Thanks guys

MAC
08-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Badrap, what were you guilty of? what did you say that you shouldn't have? I don't remember. You got a long list of defects, that was negative, but if you are telling the truth, there was nothing wrong with that. That is what the forum is for. I personally think the forum is one big happy positive spot, it hasn't changed from day one. When you have a big group of people from different backgrounds and issues, you have different opinions, you have disagreement and some people have more fragile minds or nerves. As is often said, only intelligent people disagree, idiots always agree.

Recently in a club I belonged to for over 20 years, we had a heated discussion about some expense issues in open meeting. 2 new members got up and said we shouldn’t be arguing, they didn’t realize most of us have known each others for 10-20 years, we always openly express our points of view, debate the management issues, change the directions and learn from each discussions. 1 minute after the heated debate, everyone is still best friends as we have been for 10-20 years. They didn’t know my arch enemy in that debate was coming over to my house with his wife next night for dinner.

You attitude determines your surroundings, perception is not the reality, I don’t see anything that is wrong or negative here.

William Howard Taft
10-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Have a nice day and smile you have a friend on a forum.....Are you gay?

DRTYFN
10-01-2006, 11:27 PM
***EDIT*** My mistake. I was thinking of the other thread that Ken brought back. My bad.:OWNED:

OH SNAP!!!!
WILLIAM, nice going bringing this thread back. Guess which AEs belonged to Badrap. Are you sitting down?
Livin\' Large
And...
ZeroTolerance

(Did we already know that?)

KenP
10-01-2006, 11:51 PM
OH SNAP!!!!
Ken, nice going bringing this thread back. Guess which AEs belonged to Badrap. Are you sitting down?
Livin\' Large
And...
ZeroTolerance

(Did we already know that?)That's not me, cracker.:fdance:

H3HUMMER
10-02-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm a new member and I think this forum is great I wish I came here sooner.
I was at another site before this one it is very dull there and in that last three day they had about 6 post boy that's fun.I do not even log on there no more
THIS IS MY NEW HOME.;)
HOPE I CAN STAY.

Arizona Hummerboy
10-02-2006, 02:17 AM
We are just one big happy family.:jump: :jump: :jump:

DRTYFN
10-02-2006, 02:38 AM
I was at another site before this one it is very dull there and in that last three day they had about 6 post boy that's fun.I do not even log on there no more
THIS IS MY NEW HOME.;)
HOPE I CAN STAY.
Sure. If you use IPs that aren't forged. Have you posted any pics of your H3?

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 03:20 AM
OH SNAP!!!!
Ken, nice going bringing this thread back. Guess which AEs belonged to Badrap. Are you sitting down?
Livin\' Large
And...
ZeroTolerance

(Did we already know that?)
Forged IPs hurt the evil manipulating moderators because they can?t expose them. Idiot moderators thrive on their ability to expose the IP address because it makes them think they are powerful. LMFAO at the control freaks really, most of them have no clue where internet security is going but think they are cool :D

Idiots!!!!

-Torpack

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 03:25 AM
OH SNAP!!!!
Ken, nice going bringing this thread back.

Oops. Herro Kenny Taft

DRTYFN
10-02-2006, 03:54 AM
Forged IPs hurt the evil manipulating moderators because they can?t expose them. Idiot moderators thrive on their ability to expose the IP address because it makes them think they are powerful. LMFAO at the control freaks really, most of them have no clue where internet security is going but think they are cool :D

Idiots!!!!

-Torpack

Nope. Forged IPs only cause you to not have any credibility.:fdance:

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 04:02 AM
Nope. Forged IPs only cause you to not have any credibility.:fdance:
Spoken like someone worry because his only power will be dead?

-Torpack

DRTYFN
10-02-2006, 04:09 AM

-Torpack

Uhm... this isn't power. This is entertainment. Sad you don't know the difference.
BTW, it's funny how you started out with one IP and changed to another right before you posted. Better not slip up.:jump:

Battlebugs
10-02-2006, 04:11 AM

-Torpack

Drunk or stoned??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Uhm... this isn't power. This is entertainment. Sad you don't know the difference.
BTW, it's funny how you started out with one IP and changed to another right before you posted. Better not slip up.:jump:
I have many IPs. It?s funny that you even look at them? Enjoy the entertainment :jump:

DRTYFN
10-02-2006, 04:16 AM
I have many IPs. It?s funny that you even look at them? Enjoy the entertainment :jump:
I'd much rather know that you're on the up & up so we can take you at your word and enjoy wheeling related stuff instead of wondering if you're a troll.

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 04:24 AM
I'd much rather know that you're on the up & up so we can take you at your word and enjoy wheeling related stuff instead of wondering if you're a troll.

Sure. Like I would take my ride on any dirt????

ps, I bet you are like all the mods on the other forums I visit and you live in a small condo but pretend to be a big man?

DRTYFN
10-02-2006, 04:29 AM

ps, I bet you are like all the mods on the other forums I visit and you live in a small condo but pretend to be a big man?

Any pics of your ride?

dеiтайожни
10-02-2006, 04:30 AM
Remember the talk we had about the proxies you use being transparent? :dancingbanana: :excited: :dancingbanana:

:jump::giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :jump:

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 04:35 AM
Any pics of your ride?
Want to show the small moderator condo?

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Remember the talk we had about the proxies you use being transparent? :dancingbanana: :excited: :dancingbanana:

:jump::giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :jump:
Yes, it is amusing :excited: :excited:

DennisAJC
10-02-2006, 04:46 AM
I think Laserman has a picture of his hottub and tomato plants.:OWNED:

LaserMan1982
10-02-2006, 04:50 AM
I think Laserman has a picture of his hottub and tomato plants.:OWNED:
I think Alec is an idiot too. But this is not about him :popcorn:

GLBLWARMR
10-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Google image search for laserman brought this up. Looks kinda broke back to me.

KenP
10-02-2006, 05:48 AM
THIS IS MY NEW HOME.;)
HOPE I CAN STAY.Ummm. NO!!!:giggling:

.r.e.r.e.d.r.u.m.o.e.n
10-02-2006, 05:56 AM
I think Alec is an idiot too. But this is not about him :popcorn:
How very funny that such a noob would know precisely who was being referred to. It is a Sunday night and that means he's drinking and obsessing. Too bad he didn't pay this much attention to his kid. POS.

KenP
10-02-2006, 06:28 AM
How very funny that such a noob would know precisely who was being referred to.Agreed.

William Howard Taft
10-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Drunk or stoned??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Actually both is a good bet. Since he grows his own and drinks to oblivion every evening to forget what a tremendous personality he is.

Captain of the Titanic
10-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Funny that the original post would lead to exatly what was being complained about...

I have realized that this forum is loaded with good folks, and I'll leave it at that.

When it comes down to it, though it's fun to piss of Hummerster by making fun of jeeps; truth be told, when my daughter turns 16, I'll probably buy her a (very used) Wrangler, since I will NEVER let her drive my H2!

Now as far as Rovers go.... Aw, never mind.

:D

H3HUMMER
10-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Sure. If you use IPs that aren't forged. Have you posted any pics of your H3?

No i can not figure out how to post pic this forum different
i have a cardomain i guess i can put on the bottom of my title.

H3HUMMER
10-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Funny that the original post would lead to exatly what was being complained about...

I have realized that this forum is loaded with good folks, and I'll leave it at that.

When it comes down to it, though it's fun to piss of Hummerster by making fun of jeeps; truth be told, when my daughter turns 16, I'll probably buy her a (very used) Wrangler, since I will NEVER let her drive my H2!

Now as far as Rovers go.... Aw, never mind.

:D

Come on Doug Flute bought his daughter that is in high school a pink H2 ;)

PARAGON
10-02-2006, 03:37 PM

Funny, I've seen Phil's house and it's certainly no condo. While we're at it, I've never seen him "pretend to be a big man." Maybe you are referring to Rod? Seth? I've never seen their houses, but don't think they live in condos either.:OWNED:

Mr. I - Man
10-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Funny, I've seen Phil's house and it's certainly no condo. While we're at it, I've never seen him "pretend to be a big man." Maybe you are referring to Rod? Seth? I've never seen their houses, but don't think they live in condos either.:OWNED:

Whats wrong with condos:mad:

I guarantee my loft cost more than most peoples houses.:fdance:

PARAGON
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Whats wrong with condos:mad: I don't know. I guess you would have to ask Laserman Alec