PDA

View Full Version : Attn Warren Michigan peeps

KenP
01-09-2008, 02:50 AM
I hope you keep most of the stuff on the HX Concept.

BTW, you can speak, you don't have to hide.;)

DRTYFN
01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Okay, GM peeps, you don't have to reply directly to the guy with the odd avatar. You can just post freely.

KenP
01-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay, GM peeps, you don't have to reply directly to the guy with the odd avatar. You can just post freely.Fine, I'll change the avatar to something more appropriate.:p

CLAYDOG
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
I hope you keep most of the stuff on the HX Concept.

BTW, you can speak, you don't have to hide.;)

Depends on what the bean counters and lawyers have to say. If it was up to design it would go as is, but by the time you meet all the gov regs and build a business case, stuff is going to change.

Goalkeeper
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm currently looking for another vehicle and my wife wants a conv. I would buy this if it hit the market as is.

FYI GM...

-Matt

BKLYNH2
01-15-2008, 11:31 PM
What do you guys think of the flex fuel. I don't care for it. I would prefer diesel. From what I've heard theflex fuel engine has worse mpg than straight gas. I doubt it will be cheaper and question how easy it will be to find anyway. Please GM don't make a token gesture at better fuel efficiency do something meaningful right now. Diesel is better plain and simple, and until we really figure out how to build future energy type cars lets not waste peoples money to satisfy congress or create some superficial green image.

DRTYFN
01-16-2008, 07:40 AM
What do you guys think of the flex fuel.
Outrageous BOONDOGGLE!!!! Horribly inefficient. Unbelievably unrealistic to think that there could EVER be enough biomass to make any kind of dent in the energy requirements. AND it's nothing more than a subsidy for the farmers.
GM better get off that ethanol bandwagon quick or when the truth hits the fan they'll look like idiots. Just stick to gas & diesel engines and make them more efficient.

Hummer Guy
01-17-2008, 06:57 AM
In the same HX reveal, GM announced a partnership w/ an ethanol company that has supposedly found a way to make ethanol out of pretty much anything - old tires, trash, etc, at a cost of around $1.00/gallon - so after taxes, markup of several parties, it's estimated at around $2.00 to the consumer/gallon -- we are of course several years away from this, though.

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2008/01/14/gm_buys_into_cellulose_based_ethanol/