PDA

View Full Version : Self Leveling Problems

HUMMBABY
02-12-2003, 01:54 PM
I have checked the thread archives and not found the answer to the problem I am having. I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this before I drop off the rig at the dealer Friday.

Here is the situation; Height adjust seems to work fine, but the auto leveling feature has the compressor running all the time. I have self leveling on another vehicle that levels it out and then shuts off. My H2 levels out, shuts off, levels out again, shuts off . . . I am assuming that there is a leak in the system or that a sensor is not reading properly. Is it possible for the height adjust to function proper and not the self leveling?

Anyone else that has had this experience or knows what is going on I would sure appreciate the feedback. I don't want a mumbo-jumbo answer from the dealer saying it is the dual flux capacitor that seems to be having the problem.

Cheers.

HUMMBABY
02-12-2003, 01:54 PM
I have checked the thread archives and not found the answer to the problem I am having. I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this before I drop off the rig at the dealer Friday.

Here is the situation; Height adjust seems to work fine, but the auto leveling feature has the compressor running all the time. I have self leveling on another vehicle that levels it out and then shuts off. My H2 levels out, shuts off, levels out again, shuts off . . . I am assuming that there is a leak in the system or that a sensor is not reading properly. Is it possible for the height adjust to function proper and not the self leveling?

Anyone else that has had this experience or knows what is going on I would sure appreciate the feedback. I don't want a mumbo-jumbo answer from the dealer saying it is the dual flux capacitor that seems to be having the problem.

Cheers.

Texas Red
02-12-2003, 02:38 PM
See related thread about bad sensor
http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=8336009781&r=4716099781#4716099781

HUMMBABY
02-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the response. I read all of those threads and none of them seemed to describe what is happening on my rig.

A perfect example is pulling into a parking space. The self leveling works its magic. As I am still in the same spot and have not changed a thing, the leveling/compressor begins to run again and again, etc. I suppose a bad sensor could cause this however it acts more like a loss of air pressure. That being said, if the pressure was being lost I cannot figure out why the height control works like a charm? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Ranger Rick
02-14-2003, 04:42 AM
have the dealer load the latest software for the Ecas system
old software has a problem with compresor run on