PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment systems

ROX
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi all! I thought I'd ask what's new this year in Nav/Audio systems. I'm upgrading the Monsoon stereo in the H1 and I was curious what systems are out that have the ability to have the Hard drive, (to download music), navigate, and put an auxilliary screen on that can drive the head unit.(for passengers) I'd also like to put in a rear screen for the kids, or a rear dvd unit they could run themselves.

What I've learned so far is that the Pioneer Avic Z2 has the Hard drive and navigation, but doesn't have the ability to plug in an auxilliary control screen.

The Alpine has the ability to hook up an aux. control screen, but not a Hard drive. I'm not a big fan of their navigation Blackbird nav unit that is removeable. I really like their DVD system that has a drop down 10" screen but I'm not sure where I can mount it in the H1. (we have it in our pickup hooked up to the Pioneer Avic z2 and it's very nice. I was hoping to be able to add the other control screen but the Pioneer doesn't have that option.)

Is there anything on the market than can do what both of these systems do?

Thanks

pdxhummerguy
02-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I have most of my audio and mobile video work done by Jason down at Kin Pin Car Audio in wilsonville. He specializes is doing it with the right component and install techniques the FIRST time. Give him a call and see what he thinks. (503) 582-1315 he has done several H1's including mine.

Ben Allen
02-16-2008, 10:39 AM
I had an avic-n2 and it sucks. it broke after a few months also you have to keep a cd in to get navi, which if you went with a kenwood its stored and new maps can be downloaded.

AR4CE
03-03-2008, 12:21 AM
I've always sworn by Alpine. I have the d900 flip-out head, integrated with the blackbird docking station, then 2x Alpine screens out back.

I haven't used anyone else for 10 years, and I never will-- only because the integrate so well with what I need- dvd, cd, nav, XM, ipod, etc--

speakers, obviously, are a different story-- JL all around :)