PDA

View Full Version : Swap out the amp

Little General
02-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Anybody replaced their amp in the monsoon system. Finally found it over the steering wheel ( so the tech cd says) . Put all new speakers in over the weekend and now I need more power.

ssgharkness020147
02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Lots of people have over the years. Its on my list of things to do down the road. Are you looking for an amp of similar size?

Little General
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I am looking for a little more power and not much wire cutting.

audiofetish
02-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Here's what the previous owner did to mine:

Replaced amp with Alpine V12 for the fronts and rears. Replaced factory monsoon speakers with MB Quartz. Added PPI amp and 2 JL subs under back seats. Everything (except subs) is in the stock location.

He actually had crappy amps that I changed out for the Alpine and PPI. Those amps had been collecting dust in my Garage for about 3 years. It is loud and very crisp.

Little General
02-26-2008, 02:39 AM
I don't guess they make a plug and play replacement. I have the tech cd that tells what wire is what. I wonder if one bigger amp would do. I put JL silk speakers everywhere and kicker subs in the origional box under the seat. Its sounds much better mainly because I had one speaker busted above the drivers seat and one busted sub. I just want something simple and better. I am not 100% sure my current amp is even working.