PDA

View Full Version : How to adapt ctis to aftermarket rims

alex7296
03-21-2008, 02:17 AM
I have a set of 40'' tires on 17'' rims that I want to put on my 2002 H1. I will be installing a 2'' susp. lift due to ease of install. Just not sure how to retain CTIS on different rims.

phazer42
03-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I have a set of 40'' tires on 17'' rims that I want to put on my 2002 H1. I will be installing a 2'' susp. lift due to ease of install. Just not sure how to retain CTIS on different rims.

good luck... honestly this isn't really advisable for drilling into a rim... often it is done on the H2 rims that are put on the H1's but if you want a alternative rim.... try Cepek.... designed specifically for the H1....

audiofetish
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
good luck... honestly this isn't really advisable for drilling into a rim... often it is done on the H2 rims that are put on the H1's but if you want a alternative rim.... try Cepek.... designed specifically for the H1....

I don't think he meant internal CTIS.

You can get the external CTIS lines from most Hummer parts stores such as rubberduck4x4.com and bluehummer.com It will run you about $500. If you do any offroading make sure you get wheel protectors.

alex7296
03-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Yes, I see that there are valve stem adapters but I'm not sure this is the right way to go.I want to upgrade the outer lines , I'm not too crazy about rubber, I'd like to get S.S braid if possible. Drilling into the valvestem area doesn't bother me as long as I can get the right fittings for the rim. I'd hate to run without the CTIS just to have cool rims. When I purchassed the rig the rims came with it , the previous owner found out you can't just put 40'' tires without a lift and gave up.