PDA

View Full Version : Steering Pump

Patriot
12-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Well, I took my H2 in for some minor things..one of them being a slight groan in the steering when you turned at slow speeds. I thought is was a lube problem with the cold weather. Turns out it was the steering pump. Apparently, they are a problem on many GM trucks.

On the good side, they fixed the rattle in the visor/pillar area. TSB had them add some strips in the pillars...seems better...BUT now because I can't hear that rattle any more, I hear a new on in the rear...sheesh.

Oh...they also said they are working on the "clunk" issues at H2 central. Adding the grease on the splines works but only for about a month...then the sound returns. I think someone else here on the forum said they tried that?? Anyway, they said that a true fix may be out soon??? We can only hope.

Patriot
12-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Well, I took my H2 in for some minor things..one of them being a slight groan in the steering when you turned at slow speeds. I thought is was a lube problem with the cold weather. Turns out it was the steering pump. Apparently, they are a problem on many GM trucks.

On the good side, they fixed the rattle in the visor/pillar area. TSB had them add some strips in the pillars...seems better...BUT now because I can't hear that rattle any more, I hear a new on in the rear...sheesh.

Oh...they also said they are working on the "clunk" issues at H2 central. Adding the grease on the splines works but only for about a month...then the sound returns. I think someone else here on the forum said they tried that?? Anyway, they said that a true fix may be out soon??? We can only hope.

Adam in CO
12-24-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm on my second power steering pump.

Adam P. Smith
Senior Broker
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

"Skull and Bones" Member Since 2003

buddy
12-24-2003, 02:59 PM
My dealer flushed the power steering system and refilled with synthetic. I don't if this is just a temp repair or not, but the low speed groaning is gone for now.

Doug
12-29-2003, 12:36 PM
My power steering pump leaked all over my 2 week old new concrete driveway. I only had my H2 for about a week. No problems since but the stains on my driveway always remind me.
My dealer said the same thing, another low quality GM part.

Doug
2003 Metalic Red H2
Adventure Series. w/navigation/Sat Radio/Winch