PDA

View Full Version : Chips or Tuners?

MVPHummer
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
This is my first post!!
Has anyone heard of good chips or tuners for the H2, without changing exhaust. The only one I have seen is th HyperTech, Is it any good?

Thanks http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif in advance

MVPHummer
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
This is my first post!!
Has anyone heard of good chips or tuners for the H2, without changing exhaust. The only one I have seen is th HyperTech, Is it any good?

Thanks http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif in advance

KenP
10-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the forum MVP.
Chips are easy to install; just plug and play, but I believe you will find more tuning options available to you with a programmer.
Their are others on this forum with more experience than myself when it comes to this sort of thing.
You can use the "FIND" tab to locate info on this and I am sure many will reply to this post.
Enjoy....

Black Lingenfelter Lux

MVPHummer
10-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks I'll try that! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

03 H2 All options 17X9.5 Boyd Coddington HotRod

Centerfire
10-24-2003, 10:46 PM
I am waiting for my Hypertech III to come in.. I have used the Hypertech product on the last 10 Gm vec. I've owned. ALways worked great.. worth the abilty to adjust for tire size correction only is worth the $325.00.. Shoot if you do not like it. deprogram back to stock and put the unit on ebay.

Mike

TBarrow
10-25-2003, 12:40 AM
MVP I have always used Hypertech and have been very Happy. I went with the diablosport programmer as it was all that was available at the time. I really like it better as I can fine tune many diffferent parameters as I change more performance Items.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

MVPHummer
10-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Sounds great let me know how it works out. When do you expect to receive your Hypertech?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
I am waiting for my Hypertech III to come in.. I have used the Hypertech product on the last 10 Gm vec. I've owned. ALways worked great.. worth the abilty to adjust for tire size correction only is worth the $325.00.. Shoot if you do not like it. deprogram back to stock and put the unit on ebay.

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MVPHummer
10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
What were the performance changes? Where did you purchase it? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TBarrow:
MVP I have always used Hypertech and have been very Happy. I went with the diablosport programmer as it was all that was available at the time. I really like it better as I can fine tune many diffferent parameters as I change more performance Items.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

TBarrow
10-28-2003, 11:13 PM
AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Stainless Headers and B&B Exhaust.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

Centerfire
10-29-2003, 11:32 AM
WEll it weas suppose to be here already. The mfg. said they are in stock.. THe distributor sadi they would have it shipped dorect form mfg.. NOw they say they aee waiting for it to come to their warehouse. then ship to me .. Has been apprx 2 weeks. They said they wanted to make sure that I got the right unit. I plan to call them today to find out where my new toy is. MIke<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MVPHummer:
Sounds great let me know how it works out. When do you expect to receive your Hypertech?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

03 H2 All options 17X9.5 Boyd Coddington HotRod<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad Dawg
10-29-2003, 12:31 PM
Superchips is also suppose to have a programer out for the 6.0 engine. In fact I was told by a local dealer that it will work on all the new V8s from Gm. From what I have read it sounds like it also has all the same features of the Diablosport. Anyone play with one of the Superchips?

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

Centerfire
10-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Accessconnection just called to let me know that the correct Hypertech III came in and is being shipped out of Cleveland today.. should have tommorrow or Friday. Mike