PDA

View Full Version : Battery? H1?

Joksweden
04-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi everbody, I have a 2002 wagon H1. I parked it a friends garage under easter holiday. And after one night i t wouldn?t start. I?ve tried to charge the batteries and they seem to be alright but then you turn the ignition key You just hear a click. The lights doesn?t go down and the horn works throuhg all the time. Does anybody heard about this?? What is the batterytype? (the numbers typet on the battery for order).

Hope somebode can help me?---

Johan

P.s The car is 400 km away from home :-(

leenigen
04-08-2008, 05:29 PM
It sounds like the starter solenoid. If you're lucky the starter just isn't getting enough juice to turn over. I would first check and clean all connections. Trace the + cable from the battery all the way to the starter. Disconnect and clean each conection with a wire brush. Depending on where you're located, corrosion can happen pretty fast and 6 years is plenty of time to erode those connections enough to impede starting.

phazer42
04-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi everbody, I have a 2002 wagon H1. I parked it a friends garage under easter holiday. And after one night i t wouldn?t start. I?ve tried to charge the batteries and they seem to be alright but then you turn the ignition key You just hear a click. The lights doesn?t go down and the horn works throuhg all the time. Does anybody heard about this?? What is the batterytype? (the numbers typet on the battery for order).

Hope somebode can help me?---

Johan

P.s The car is 400 km away from home :-(

First, its probably mad that you called it a car....

second... grab a hammer and wrap the side of the starter with the hammer when someone goes to turn the key... it should work to start it up.... basically your bendix is stuck and won't spin out.... you need to take it apart and fix that.... clean out the dirt etc... do NOT apply any oil lubricants here unless you want this problem worse in the future....

leenigen
04-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Here's a good link you should check out.

http://www.flashoffroad.com/electrical/Starter/starter.htm

Joksweden
07-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanx everybody, the problem was a trip to Lokken (danish saltwatercoast) . I?ve got some saltwater into the starter and then i opened it up i was full of dirt and saltwater. I just cleaned it up and remounted it. Ont the way hope thr bering in the generator roke down also depending on the saltwater i guess.

/Johan