PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVIC-D1

gspence
10-30-2005, 04:33 AM
I havent found much info on the web from people who have put the Pioneer AVIC-D1 into their H2. I figured it would be nice to start a thread about it. I just received my unit today and have installed it in my 2003 H2. I havent reassembled the dash yet, and found a good thread on bypassing the parking break switch so that the Nav features work while you're driving. I'm going to attempt to do this tomorrow and I'll reply here if it works. I'll also try to post some pics of the install.

I'm a big Sirius fan, so I wont be using XM Nav Traffic. I also havent bought a DVD player for it yet, but plan to do this in the near future along with a rear backup camera.

Anyone else running this unit, and how do you like it? I've seen a few threads where people have installed it without the VSS, which is what I think I will do.

Greg

gspence
10-30-2005, 04:33 AM
I havent found much info on the web from people who have put the Pioneer AVIC-D1 into their H2. I figured it would be nice to start a thread about it. I just received my unit today and have installed it in my 2003 H2. I havent reassembled the dash yet, and found a good thread on bypassing the parking break switch so that the Nav features work while you're driving. I'm going to attempt to do this tomorrow and I'll reply here if it works. I'll also try to post some pics of the install.

I'm a big Sirius fan, so I wont be using XM Nav Traffic. I also havent bought a DVD player for it yet, but plan to do this in the near future along with a rear backup camera.

Anyone else running this unit, and how do you like it? I've seen a few threads where people have installed it without the VSS, which is what I think I will do.

Greg

kodiakz
10-30-2005, 04:52 AM
This unit will not function properly without vss connection. You will not get the proper voice commands and it will randomly spin the heading triangle in circles when you come to a stop. There is a direct connect Sirus unit for Pioneer (you probably knew that, but just in case!!). Allegedly, there is a gyro in the unit that tells it when it is in motion (to shut off certain functions) but during a recent tech call, one of the Pio reps told me that there is a way around this just like the N2 so I would assume that it is totally software related.

MovinH2
10-30-2005, 08:05 AM
I think HummThis has one. I dont know if he's put it in yet though. Maybe he could be of some more help.

OrangeCrush
10-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Keep us informed once you get it in and start using it. I'm about to buy one but a friend showed me an Eclipse unit (I know nothing about the quality of it) but I liked it since you'd be able to use Nav or dvd without a separate unit.

Mark

Nixxxster
10-30-2005, 04:56 PM
I installed the Pioneer D1 in my H2. I have a dvd and backup camera with it. I like the system and yes it can be "BYPASS" so that everything works while you are driving. It's very simple not a software thing just a wire.