PDA

View Full Version : ETA

killian
04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I called Hummer's 800 number today to see if they could give me an eta for my H3. Sorry, I just can't wait.

The customer service rep was beyond friendly and asked for my 6 digit Vehicle Order Number. She put me on hold and came back after a few minutes and told me that my H3 is scheduled to go in to production on May 9th. She said that I'll get a letter that will inform me of a delivery date and that I'll also be provided with information which allows me to track my H3's progress on line.

Interesting.

killian
04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I called Hummer's 800 number today to see if they could give me an eta for my H3. Sorry, I just can't wait.

The customer service rep was beyond friendly and asked for my 6 digit Vehicle Order Number. She put me on hold and came back after a few minutes and told me that my H3 is scheduled to go in to production on May 9th. She said that I'll get a letter that will inform me of a delivery date and that I'll also be provided with information which allows me to track my H3's progress on line.

Interesting.

oneworld
04-21-2005, 03:30 AM
Hey Killian, I ordered mine about three weeks ago, but i do not think that I got a number from the dealer, so how long ago did you order yours. I am currious as to the wait

HummerNewbie
04-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago and my dealer told me it would be sometime in July. The wait is killing me. May have to go get a 03' H2 to get me by.

killian
04-21-2005, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oneworld:
Hey Killian, I ordered mine about three weeks ago, but i do not think that I got a number from the dealer, so how long ago did you order yours. I am currious as to the wait </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered on 03-15-05 at 11.15am (and 33 seconds)

So that was what, maybe 5 weeks ago?

The dealer gave me a print out of my order and in the upper left corner was the order number.

angelus
04-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Received an email yesterday evening saying that in Sherman Oaks they are scheduled to have one at the dealership around May 18th. I also called to see when to expect mine and customer service was very helpfull and said that mine would be in production the week of May 9-13th and I could call back at that time to hear about the progress, in line, of my H3.

H3 Builder
04-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Let us know how the online thing works. I'd like to see how well this keeps track on the line.

killian
05-09-2005, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....told me that my H3 is scheduled to go in to production on May 9th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, so call me a stalker, but I called Hummer today (May 9th) to see if my H3 had gone in to production yet. The guy that was there put me on hold and after a few minutes came back and said that my H3 had already been produced and was just awaiting shipment and no, they didn't have a shipment date. I found that strange since this was supposed to be the day that my H3 went into production, but alright, so maybe they got to it sooner.
But what I found even stranger is that the guy from Hummer said that he got this information by calling my dealership and speaking to the general manager who said that he tracked it on line.

I'm somehow not convinced that I was given accurate information.

usetosellhummer
05-09-2005, 05:44 PM
The stuff they get on thier computer is not updated as if it is comming from the plant. The dealer looks at the same data base and it is not always correct. Sounds like you all are real close. Who will be the first H3 owner on the site?????

killian
05-09-2005, 07:03 PM
So after much pacing around my office I gave Hummer another call and asked for clarification. I spoke to a nice gentleman who said that my H3 was in fact finished on May 6th. (let's hope no one was hungover from Cinco De Mayo.) They're just waiting to ship now. Ok, I feel better.
But I still sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka:
I want my H3 NOW!

Hmm...
Can I take factory delivery?

MisterE
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Hi, I also recived word that my H3 was completed and going through a quality check before shipment, but no shipping date available? H3 Builder any idea of this is standard stuff or was mine pulled for a rigerous quality check? Can they Fed-Ex it overnight shipping ha ha

funpilot
05-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Is it possible to pick the unit up at the factory or near-by?

killian
05-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Announcer guy voice:

"FedEx. When you absolutely, positively have to have your H3 over night."

H3 Builder
05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't know if they are waiting for an OK from GM that these are ready for shipping or what. I'll try to find out more tomorrow. In the mean time, they are multipling in the parking lots around the plant. Might have a pic tomorrow. By the way, one of your H3's is taking up my parking spot. In less Hummer has something special going on, You have to pick it up from a dealer.

funpilot
05-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Builder....I am sure there are a number of people who would be willing to pick it up and take it to their dealers......

H3 Builder
05-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Here's a few wanting a good home.

H3wannabe
05-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Drool, drool, drool. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

killian
05-10-2005, 10:23 PM
hang on to that one, front row, third from the right.

I'll be right there.

H3 Builder
05-10-2005, 10:57 PM
If you don't like one of those, there's probably one over in this lot!

funpilot
05-11-2005, 12:03 AM
OK, and why can't we help by picking up our own trucks?

angelus
05-11-2005, 01:53 AM
That red one with the chrome package is mine. Looks like they have enough to ship to all the dealers wonder whats the holdup.

Hummer4Life
05-11-2005, 02:20 AM
So, are these flicks before or after the final quality control checks prior to shipment to the dealers?

funpilot
05-11-2005, 11:05 AM
My educated best guess on the hold up:

If we presume that GM is doing this intentionally, then it is most likely that they want to get a minimum amount of stock on hand to distribute it equitably among the dealers on the roll out date and not just have it dribble in.

CLAYDOG
05-11-2005, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
My educated best guess on the hold up:

If we presume that GM is doing this intentionally, then it is most likely that they want to get a minimum amount of stock on hand to distribute it equitably among the dealers on the roll out date and not just have it dribble in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's part of the answer, but primarily the early builds that are now part of the product evaluation program fleet need to accumulate a certain number of miles to sort out any bugs that may pop up before GM will release the trucks to the dealers. So far I’ve only heard good things about them from the PEP drivers I know that are driving them.

H3 Builder
05-11-2005, 02:35 PM
I understand they are releasing them today for shipment to dealers. Was waiting for the official go ahead from GM and or Hummer to ship.

partsguy
05-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Next time use a wide lens to give us the full
effect http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gifTakes twenty minutes just to pan right.

HUMMER H3 4 ME
05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
So, if they ship today, when should they arrive at dealers?

firm
05-11-2005, 08:26 PM
H3 builder....The pride you put into this car reminds me of the movie Gung Ho. You don't look like Micheal Keaton do you. I hope the H3 comes out better than that car at the end of that movie. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

usetosellhummer
05-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Any overtime yet builder?

H3 Builder
05-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Some overtime. Alot comming soon. Go ahead every one and buy 2.

H3 Builder
05-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Unfortunately, there was a glitch and they are still on hold. Hopefully they will be released soon. But we want to make sure everyone has a excellent H3, with no problems.

angelus
05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Glitch, what glitch. You mean they are not shipping yet?

timgco
05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Did someone forget to put the T Case in them?
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

funpilot
05-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Look on the good side....they found a problem before they were shipped and the vehicles clearly are at the place best suited to fix any problems. Send these to the rental agencies.....

HUMMER H3 4 ME
05-13-2005, 10:58 PM
When will the glitch be fixed?When will they start to be shipped?

By the way, how are you shipping them?(train, big rig, etc.)

H3 Builder
05-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Still no change, still on hold. Shouldn't be too long. They will be shipped by truck, train, and boat in some cases.

funpilot
05-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Can you tell us what problem was found? If not now, can you tell us after it is fixed?

gc2488
05-14-2005, 01:28 AM
funpilot, that info about the "glitch"
is probably Top Secret info,
both before and after the fix...

I'll be Germany for the rest of this month
so I don't mind the H3 delay at all!

Not many SUVs in Germany, but lots of
very fast and solid cars on the AutoBahn.
It would cost more to rent a VW Touareg
than this Mercedes SLK, for example:

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/mercedes-benz/mercedes_slk_2004_03_s.jpg

(Which would you prefer - VW Touareg or Hummer H3?)

Guess how much gasoline costs in Germany right now --

EUR 1.20 for 1 litre
= EUR 4.54 for 1 gallon
= $5.85 per gallon!

H3 Builder
05-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Not sure, but I know it's minor. Just don't want little nagging things to be wrong. The last thing everyone would want is to have your truck at the dealer for something minor. I know, my truck, when new, I had to leave it at the dealer for 2 days for a oxygen sensor that wasn't calibrated right. So hold tight and it won't be long before youall will get them.

funpilot
05-14-2005, 11:56 AM
As a person who ordered early, I applaud GM's attempt to deliver the best truck they can. As a pilot, I know it is always best to find the problem on the ground (in this case, at the plant), so please tell everyone there that we prefer to get it right than get it early. Having said that, I will now swallow another handful of valium to keep me calm .....

funpilot
05-14-2005, 11:58 AM
One other thing, if the probelms are truly minor, then it is imperative that they are fixed before they are shipped because they will not be addressed as admitted issues later...only the major ones are.

killian
05-14-2005, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
Having said that, I will now swallow another handful of valium to keep me calm ..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheesy thought at 3 am, I guess I need some of Funpilot's Vitamin V:

While we have some time to kill before shipping we should set up a contest. Let's ask Builder to write some sort of secret message on a slip of paper and insert it into the glove box of several, random H3s. The first one to take delivery and find the message posts it here.
We may have to entice Builder with a bottle of Scotch....

oneworld
05-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Killian I think this is a very cool Idea, I will provide one bottle of choice to Builder if he goes along with it. So lets see what everyone thinks, thats one bottle so far. thanks for all the imput Builder you have been great hope these guys dont forget you once their all sporting thier H3s

HummerNewbie
05-15-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm in.

Builder, I appreciate all the info you have been able to provide us with. Have you heard any updates on the either of the blue color choices? My dealer was telling me today that they are being told that it will be a year before they are available.

killian
05-19-2005, 01:56 PM
I was curious and a little bored so I made some phone calls this morning. The first one was to Sewell Hummer in Dallas who said that they got one H3 in this morning and think that they may get more this afternoon.
The next call was to Davis in Albuqerque who said that they expect a shipment in the next couple of days.
I'm trying to track ETAs to Arizona so I also called Royal in Tucson. They don't have a clue and are hoping to see something by the end of the month.
My last call was to Hummer customer service. They told me that my order was in transit and it had left the Shreveport factory on the 17th.
I don't know what route they take or if they make any stops along the way but it's about 20 hours of drive time from door to door. It's been 48 hours as of now. Taking into consideration sleep, traffic, other stops, etc, I could maybe see my H3 by the first of the week.

I'm getting kind of obsessed here, maybe I should change my name to "H3 Stalker".

pimpdad
05-19-2005, 02:43 PM
No way. You are understandably like a kid on Christmas morning. We all will be in that boat when we're expecting our H3 to arrive. I myself have to wait a couple months but I'm already driving my wife nuts. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Post pics when you get yours.

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:
I'm getting kind of obsessed here, maybe I should change my name to "H3 Stalker". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I think there are a number of us who should think about doing this.

By the way, where has everyone gone. Keep checking back for any new news and there just isn't much action here since yesterday. Is everyone sitting in the parking lots of their dealers waiting or what?

firm
05-19-2005, 03:21 PM
how do you copy the picture of the car you built from the hummer website.?

GreenH3
05-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Try doing a screen snapshot and then pasting what is on the clipboard into another application (i.e. Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) There should be a function key on your Windows PC labelled Print Screen, have the H3 on screen and then hit that Print Screen key. Then, open another application and use Control-V to paste it in. For Mac users, hit Apple-Shift-3 to capture the image and it appears on your desktop as a PDF document... if you're using OS X. Hope that helps!

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 04:45 PM
As I recall, that is how I got the photo of the one I built too.

firm
05-19-2005, 04:54 PM
how do you do a screen snapshot?

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Have the window open with the photo of the H3 you built. Press the function key for print screen. One of mine says "prt sc" and another keyboard actually says "Print Screen". After doing this open a program that allows you to work with images. I use Photoshop myself but not everyone has this. If you have Paint you should be able to use that. In the program, create a new file and press the "V" key while holding the control key. This should put the image from the screen into the new file. You will then need to crop it.

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 05:06 PM
If that doesn't work, try downloading iQuick Screen Capture from the below address.

http://www.etrusoft.com/download.htm

funpilot
05-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Here they come

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I HAVE WOOD!!!

killian
05-19-2005, 06:14 PM
You've been waiting in the parking lot.
That's cheating! Talk about being an H3 stalker.

timgco
05-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Here they come </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
SOB! So, is one of those for you?
If not, stand back. Stalkers can have restraining orders too. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Since you are there and can take pics, could you please, please, please, please take a pic of the ebony w/ pewter pipe leather interior.
Please?
I was just informed today that mine won't be in until end of June. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Thanks,
Tim.

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I didn't look at the pic close enough earlier and just noticed, THEY DELIVERED MINE TO THE WRONG DAMN DEALER!!!

So, any bets on who will win being the first here to take delivery?

HoKC
05-19-2005, 07:15 PM
That picture is the official media picture from GM showing the first truck load hitting the dealer in shreveport.

oneworld
05-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Great shot funpilot, I called a different dealer in North west NJ / Flemington Hummer on 5/18 just to see if they had any comming in, they said maybe second week of June, Now my dealer told me that they hoped to have a vehicle last week, but nothing. I have not bothered to check my oder #

The most depressing thing is that my dealer ordered mine with out the adventure package, but with everything else, so I want to wait and test drive it before I reorder another vehicle.
I ordered with both packs lux / adven to get the rear locking dif and 33's but I want the leather inside, I would take no leather but I will not take no locking rear and no 33's http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
so my wait will be the worst > becuase I will go to drive my H3, but probably pass to get the adventure pack > SUCKSSSSSSSSS http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

timgco
05-19-2005, 10:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oneworld:
Great shot funpilot, I called a different dealer in North west NJ / Flemington Hummer on 5/18 just to see if they had any comming in, they said maybe second week of June, Now my dealer told me that they hoped to have a vehicle last week, but nothing. I have not bothered to check my oder #

The most depressing thing is that my dealer ordered mine with out the adventure package, but with everything else, so I want to wait and test drive it before I reorder another vehicle.
I ordered with both packs lux / adven to get the rear locking dif and 33's but I want the leather inside, I would take no leather but I will not take no locking rear and no 33's http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
so my wait will be the worst > becuase I will go to drive my H3, but probably pass to get the adventure pack > SUCKSSSSSSSSS http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure that your order was placed with other stock H3's. Ask them to get you one of those with the options you like. It' shouldn't be hard to find one in their stock selection after a month or two. They messed up. not you. so ask them to fix it. If you settle for something less, after the newness wares away you will kick yourself.

oneworld
05-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks Timgco, yes they said it would be no problem, but it just sucks, becuase I had my information correct but they did not have a clue, Originaly the salesmen told me that to get the 33 tires you had to order the chrome wheel package, I know the deal, it just sucks that my wait will be another month or so. But thank you for trying to help my pain.

killian
05-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Oneworld,
I have two available to me but I may only be taking one. Are you interested in a Boulder gray, lux?
Where abouts are you located?