PDA

View Full Version : H2 won?t crank and dash goes crazy

H2 Europe
04-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi.
My 2004 H2 won?t crank anymore. The battery seems ok. When I turn the ignition key the dash goes crazy (lights go on and off).
Sometimes it starts, but when the engine get?s warm it stops.
Last time when I locked the doors with the remote, the reverse light stayed on. Can anybody help me to solve this problem? The next dealer is 200 miles away, so I need to solve the problem on my own.
Thank you very much.

porschett
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Try disconnecting the ground from the battery, wait an hour or so, and re-connect. It's fixed stranger problems.

badss98
05-01-2008, 04:08 AM
get a battery tester,Voltage should be around 12-13 volts at battery if lower, change the battery out, If this is the stock battery then just replace it because 4 years is reaching the end point for the battery anyway,also check battery ground at post and frame. You said it dies when it is warm it can also be a bad alternator,they will show these symptoms.The battery will recharge overnight some by itself enough to start the car but the alternator will draw the current out when running if defective. Good luck

Mark805
05-01-2008, 05:48 AM
I had the reverse lights staying on problem and dead battery after sitting for 2 days. Dealership replaced the battery and i haven't had a problem since.

Funny part was that they couldn't diagnose the problem and called me to pick up my rig... i came the next morning and it wouldn't start for them :)

I bet a new battery would help.

H2 Europe
05-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks guys.
I try testing the battery today. I?ll let u know if that was the broblem.:)

HumminNBoatin'
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Its funny how a low battery can cause all kinds of crazy Sheeeoot to happen.