PDA

View Full Version : Perimeter Lighting

PARAGON
10-25-2004, 07:59 PM
I replaced my DRLs a good while back and put some fogs in replace of them. When I did this I lost the front part of the perimeter lighting. I haven't studied the service manual yet but does anybody know an easy way to tap into something so I can put a relay on it and get the headlights or my fogs to come on when the perimeter lights come on? There is some circuit that tells the backup lights to come one but I am not sure where that might be.

PARAGON
I replaced my DRLs a good while back and put some fogs in replace of them. When I did this I lost the front part of the perimeter lighting. I haven't studied the service manual yet but does anybody know an easy way to tap into something so I can put a relay on it and get the headlights or my fogs to come on when the perimeter lights come on? There is some circuit that tells the backup lights to come one but I am not sure where that might be.

PARAGON

Klaus
10-25-2004, 08:25 PM
DRL Schematic

Klaus
10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Backup Lights Schematics.

PARAGON
10-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Ok, I have studied the service manual (which includes the schematics Klaus posted) and I still don't know where the power to switch the perimeter light comes from.

I can't tie directly into either the B/U or the DRL circuits because they come one when in reverse and drive, respectfully. I am pretty sure this is handled by the BCM but I can't find anything that mentions how it turns the perimeter lighting on when it senses the sunlight is low.

Tech guys, any ideas?

Klaus
10-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Paragon,

You could run a wire from the factory DRL relay (bulb circuit) to the switching circuit terminal on the relay now controlling the Cibies. That wire would energize the Cibie's relay when the truck would normally illuminate the DRLs. You would then get your perimeter lighting back, as well as DRLs.

Your Cibie's current switch would still work to turn the Cibies on at night or in fog.