PDA

View Full Version : H2 Warranty honored at GM Dealer

TG
02-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Can a GM dealer do warranty work on the Hummer H2? My Hummer dealer is almost a two hour drive and I need to have my H2 looked at, possible charging system problems. Thanks!

TG
02-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Can a GM dealer do warranty work on the Hummer H2? My Hummer dealer is almost a two hour drive and I need to have my H2 looked at, possible charging system problems. Thanks!

Big Z
02-25-2003, 12:57 PM
I was told by our local GM dealer, they could look at, and do certain repairs on an emergency basis. Other than that, I was told the dealer is the place to go.

Texas Red
02-25-2003, 01:13 PM
A non-H2 GM dealer will have access to the H2 manuals, but probably no experience in-house on the H2 and likely no "H2-unique" parts on hand (even though they can order). However, as you know, the engine is standard GM.

I would call the prospective GM dealer and ask them what they are willing to handle.

Jim
Red H2

Steve R
02-26-2003, 06:53 AM
Where a buck can be made.....so too shall you find a dealership willing to take your vehicle into service.

If they can....I'm sure they will.

TJ
02-27-2003, 05:32 PM
FWIW - This is what I was told by the Hummer Customer Assistance Center a few months ago:

All warranty work for our H2's must be performed at a Hummer dealer by "certified Hummer technicians". In an "emergency", you can go to any GM dealer. In certain instances, non-Hummer GM dealers may be authorized to perform certain repairs, e.g. Cadillac dealers are authorized to work on the H2's air suspension.

My best advice would be to call Hummer at 866-Hummer6, tell them about the problem that you're having and ask them where the nearest dealer that would be authorized to perform the work is located.