PDA

View Full Version : Broken steering something?!?

Joksweden
07-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Was out yesterday on a big family reuinon, took out my 2001 H1 for a spinn i their very nice place there cows lives (don?t know the english word for it) and found a smal stream that i jumped over a few times.
Then i come back and reveresd the car into the parking spot some thing sounded like something snapped off in the front of the car. Then we leftwe traveled about 100 meters and we should tur around something sounden again and the steering stopped working. The wheels are turned maximum to the left and You can move the steering wheel and the wheels about 5 cm to right then its dead stop, no soft stop. Any body have any idea whats happened. The car i standing out in the country in the middle of a crosspassing :-)

Hope eveybody understands my speeling :-)

/Best regards Johan ?a happy and proud H1 owner from Sweden

NoMoGMPG
07-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Probably the bolts to the steering gear broke. Three bolts go through the frame on the driver side, also check the pitman arm on the gear, and the idler arm on the right frame rail.

Joksweden
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
They seems to be okey, felt like its the steering gear thats the problem. Will remove it tomorrow.

/*Johan

NoMoGMPG
07-15-2008, 06:50 AM
They seems to be okey, felt like its the steering gear thats the problem. Will remove it tomorrow.

/*Johan

Wouldn't be the first steering gear I've seen to shear the pitman gear on an H1.