PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Transmitter

Edward Avila
08-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Need to know how to program new transmitter. I'm adding another since I only had one. (same problem on two vehicles)

1996 - Someone added a wire to receiver for programming, but I'm not sure what I need to know what to do with it. Also, working transmitter only locks/unlocks it does not activate alarm.

2001 - receiver actually has a button labelled 'program'. Again, not sure what to do, and I don't want to block out the working unit.

I would appreciate any feedback on the enabling of transmitters, and any other options allowed in the programming.

Edward Avila
Need to know how to program new transmitter. I'm adding another since I only had one. (same problem on two vehicles)

1996 - Someone added a wire to receiver for programming, but I'm not sure what I need to know what to do with it. Also, working transmitter only locks/unlocks it does not activate alarm.

2001 - receiver actually has a button labelled 'program'. Again, not sure what to do, and I don't want to block out the working unit.

I would appreciate any feedback on the enabling of transmitters, and any other options allowed in the programming.

Edward Avila

Edward Avila
08-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Sorry for the double post- browser crashed with the first one and I didn't realize it posted.

partsguy
08-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Check your PM!!!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ssgharkness020147
08-19-2004, 12:45 AM
If I remeber correcly those transmitters are individually coded meaning you need a set to make them both work. Here is a link on how to program the remote: http://www.amghummer.com/Maintenance/RemoteEntry/RemoteEntry.htm

Edward Avila
08-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Thanks ssgharkness020147 - that worked to program the transmitters! I'm going to assume the button on the 2001 does the same thing the grounding of that wire does on the 1996, but I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

I also couldn't get the horn chirp feature to be reactivated though I followed the procedure on your link several times. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Thanks again for the help, and if anyone has any idea how to reactivate the horn chirp or what I might be doing wrong, please let me know.

ChuckE
09-01-2004, 05:22 PM
I have an H2, ... doesn't the H1 have the same, or better, options for driver preferences?

If so, then isn't the alarm notification (horn chirp, lights, both, none) one of the dozen or so personal settings? I do not have easy access to my manual or H2 at the moment (I'm at work) but I'm pretty sure it is there.

If so, then it is just a few button pushes on your steering wheel to set it up for you (the settings are made per driver, there being two driver setups).

Edward Avila
09-01-2004, 06:09 PM
The H1 does not have all the luxury of the H2, and in fact only really has memory for 1 user vs 12.

There are no programmable buttons on the sterring wheel; in fact there are no buttons at all... not even a horn!

Unfortunately, I think the two are very different with respect to programming alarm options at least.

lockedandloaded
10-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi Edward. I sent you a private mail. Just wanted to say hello from Buffalo NY. I am a regular on your other well know website arfcom! Great to see you here as well.
Mark Adkins
aka: "lockedandloaded"