PDA

View Full Version : Wow..H2 vs Avalanche

HumminNBoatin'
08-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Take a look at this. Pretty damn funny!! Found it by accident.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=99751.25

Pretty funny. I had to chime in. Im sure that thread is going to get really interesting very soon.

:popcorn:

Would be great to see DennisAJC chime in on this one! lol:soapbox:

rxdi
08-20-2008, 05:28 PM
That is funny. I was a member on that forum, till my two month old avalanche got totaled by a toyota camry that t-boned me at 15 mph. So I decided to get a real truck and now I'm here.

timgco
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
That's funny. The vid I saw looked like the H2 drivers was a moron who couldn;t drive for$hit.

Having owned, wheeled, towed with three AV's and 5 H2's, I can tell you the H2 would win with equal drivers. Sure, lift the Av and throw some 35's on it, that helps with clearance, but also robs power too. I still love the Av's. It's a very practical truck with as many upgrades to mod as our H2's...if not more. If Chevy came out with a capable lifted, locked package to compete with the H2, I;d be all over it.

BTW- It's an AV forum (which I am a member over there as well) and the bashing will continue. :drama:

If someone really wants to find out, I'm sure we could set something up. Post this link over there. I think it would fun if anything else. If I still had my H2, I;d offer it up for a run or two.

And if you guys do figure something out, be cautious, the last thing you want is someone to snap some POS tow strap and have a shackle go through someone's rear window.

thefinestimage
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I traded my 04 Avalanche in toward the H2. God only knows why I had bought the Avalanche. I never could get to like it.

RCKSTR
08-21-2008, 01:59 AM
:iagree: "The Hummer H2 is Quite simply the most capable civillian vehicle ever made" :D

KenP
08-21-2008, 03:53 AM
I said something and was very nice... for a change.:yawn:

timgco
08-21-2008, 04:18 AM
I said something and was very nice... for a change.:yawn:

yeah, but did you do some "crop dusting" while you were there? :jump:

KenP
08-21-2008, 06:00 AM
yeah, but did you do some "crop dusting" while you were there? :jump:Yeah, so?:jump:

BlueTJCO
08-21-2008, 04:51 PM
:iagree: "The Hummer H2 is Quite simply the most capable civillian vehicle ever made" :D

:clapping:

tomp
08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
AVs look like an after-thought. What an ugly POS half-breed vehicle

timgco
08-21-2008, 06:17 PM
AVs look like an after-thought. What an ugly POS half-breed vehicle

You must not like the SUT than either. Because that was based off of the design work on the AV.

tomp
08-22-2008, 02:45 AM
You must not like the SUT than either. Because that was based off of the design work on the AV.

I do like the mid-gate functionality on the AV and the SUT. I don't like how you lose the climate controll and can get rain inside, wen you have the windows down though so maybe you are right;)

Boss Hoss
08-22-2008, 08:27 PM
What a great idea Mud Diver had to tear up his truck. Its clear those guys dont wheel those rigs on any good trails--Mr. Eeaton5 is very ignorant but im glad he likes to "offroad" on dirt trails. Please be ready for some serious offroad action!!!!

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/eeaton5/Belmont%20Mine/?start=all

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/eeaton5/Truck/

Karsun
08-23-2008, 01:37 AM
I used to have an Avalanche and we traded it for our H2. I loved that truck but I love my H2 even more. I actually wish I could keep both. :)

RCKSTR
08-23-2008, 01:45 AM
I was going to buy an avalanche before I bought my H2, VERY glad I didnt! I love my H2, couldnt imagine driving anything else after owning one! The avy is a nice pavement pounding suv/truck, but for my money, cant beat the all around capability, luxury, and styling of the H2.

RenoMoe
08-23-2008, 02:39 AM
The early AV's just looked really cheap.........I like the newer models w/o all the plastic moulding of the past models:p .

RazM
08-23-2008, 02:52 AM
Awesome replies Boss, you stayed on topic and just stated facts after facts after facts while they're just trying to smear dirt.

You :OWNED: them

Metallic Red
08-24-2008, 02:45 AM
The only nice thing with the AV's was you could get a big block (8.1L) That would be different to see in an H2.

Pure_Justice
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM
I wonder if this idea of an AV out doing a H2 a result of one, who's wife said he can't own an H2, or excessive dope smoking. LOL

Probably the first.

RCKSTR
08-25-2008, 01:32 PM
:clapping: :iagree:

Boss Hoss
08-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I wonder if this idea of an AV out doing a H2 a result of one, who's wife said he can't own an H2, or excessive dope smoking. LOL

Probably the first.
I would like to think it is just pride in ownership but there is a difference from pride and being dilusional. Im not sure about the pulling deal but they AV would have a heck of a time following a H2 on a trail thats worth a darn.

OldHiker
08-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Since it was done on a paved surface, it seems it all depends on the traction that the tires give. Just can't imagine them being any good offroad.

finbox
08-26-2008, 05:34 AM
in the vid of the pull off it, looks like the hummer won and the guy in the forground whas about to wave them to a stop, the H2 stopped and the AV gassed it and pulled him back, you can see the hummer driver stick his hands out the window like "what the **** are you doing I have won and can't pull you any further"