PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler looking to sell VIPER !!!

RubHer Yellow Ducky
08-27-2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.autonews.com/assets/gif/blast/ANBlast_hdr.gifAugust 27, 2008
http://www.autonews.com/assets/gif/gr1_hdr.gifhttp://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/N1823.autonews.com/B2521411;sz=1x1;ord=802022004?
Chrysler considers selling the Dodge Viper (http://e.ccialerts.com/a/hBItWNFAG-rD9AqcpPBBnuut0ys/and4)

(http://e.ccialerts.com/a/hBItWNFAG-rD9AqcpPBBnuut0ys/and4)

By Richard Truett

DETROIT - The Viper sports car could be history - at Chrysler LLC.

The company said this morning that it is "exploring strategic options for the Dodge Viper business."
"This strategic review comes as the Company focuses on enhancing its core business and leveraging its assets," Chrysler said in a statement.
Here is what Chrysler CEO Bob Nardelli said about the potential sale of the Viper:
"We have been approached by third parties who are interested in exploring future possibilities for Viper," said Bob Nardelli, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer - Chrysler LLC.
"As the Company evaluates strategic options to maximize core operations and leverage its assets, we have agreed to listen to these parties. We will do so keeping in mind the best interests of those who have shown ...

Desert Dan
08-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe Viper and Hummer could team up?

RazM
08-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Nothing much new, we've known for a while that Chrysler wants to get Viper out of their portfolio.

It's sad that all these companies are caving in and getting rid of what makes them special...

People don't want golf carts, people want passion, and that's something the nimrods running these companies just don't get.

wpage
08-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Nothing much new, we've known for a while that Chrysler wants to get Viper out of their portfolio.

It's sad that all these companies are caving in and getting rid of what makes them special...

People don't want golf carts, people want passion, and that's something the nimrods running these companies just don't get.

Agreed. Too bad its accountants that run GM and Chrysler...

There is no room for fun and expression in american industry any more. Thats what great about classic cars & Hummers.

Hummers are a form of industrial art.

Victims of these tough times.

Yetti
08-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Its just as well, they had to re-spec all of the Vipers last year for Crash test. it cost about 3.2 million in vehicles alone. I was sick of cutting them up by the end of it. as it is right now there is a viper club meet going on at the shop and theres something like 800 of them due through the gates over the next two days

RubHer Yellow Ducky
08-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Its just as well, they had to re-spec all of the Vipers last year for Crash test. it cost about 3.2 million in vehicles alone. I was sick of cutting them up by the end of it. as it is right now there is a viper club meet going on at the shop and theres something like 800 of them due through the gates over the next two days

POSTED ON AOL TONIGHT 8-28-08

Citing external parties interested in "future possibilities" with the sports car, Chrysler LLC is examining strategic options for its low-volume Dodge Viper. Chrysler has sold fewer than 700 Vipers this year.

mdoyle
08-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Its just as well, they had to re-spec all of the Vipers last year for Crash test.

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

I'll see who's awake here.......:)

Yetti
08-29-2008, 03:26 PM
A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

I'll see who's awake here.......:)

Since I have never seen any lawsuits that involved the Viper I would ask How would you know what happened if as you claimed "everyone crashed & burned while trapped inside?" is there news footage somewhere or is this a first hand witness account?

I can only guess as to why it crashed, the fact is every car made crashs for various reasons. I have seen some terrible stuff. the idea that its always the manufactures fault is a stretch to say the least.

mdoyle
08-30-2008, 12:26 AM
It was a quote from "Fight Club", not a literal description.

Damn, don't forget to take your fiber and re-up your AARP membership while you're at it........

RubHer Yellow Ducky
08-30-2008, 01:55 AM
It was a quote from "Fight Club", not a literal description.

Damn, don't forget to take your fiber and re-up your AARP membership while you're at it........

WHO you be talking to ?

This OLD MAN

or

Young Yetti..........

mdoyle
08-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Guys- it's a joke! Lighten up Francis.