PDA

View Full Version : What is it like driving an H2?

NorthstarV8
10-09-2008, 01:41 AM
As far as the ride and handling and parking and everything. Also are people really as obnoxious towards H2 drivers as they seem to be on the internet? Is it common to get the finger, or cut off, ect?

RCKSTR
10-09-2008, 02:10 AM
I do belive someone would be taking thier life into their own hands pulling something like you mentioned on me.. Never been cut off because of the truck, or got the finger for no reason. As far as the ride, mine is like a cadillac

HummBob
10-09-2008, 02:54 AM
People are BRAVE on the internet.....NEVER had anything happen in "REAL LIFE"!!!

HummerMann
10-09-2008, 03:25 AM
Ride is similar to my old Lincoln Navigator - maybe even a little smoother and the cabin is about as quiet on the Hummer as my partner's Escalade. I have had 10 times more good comments than bad, and after our blizzard in 2006 in the Northeast, EVERYONE loved the Hummer for getting them where they wanted to go. I even went around a stuck snow plow once. This is the vehicle that gets you there when others can't PERIOD! Women either hate the H2 or love it and kids universally love them. It's not the vehicle for someone who wants to go unnoticed and maintain a low profile. I find (from my Hummer dealer's events) Hummer owners are well above average in education and finances, independent, outdoorsy types, and most of us really don't give a da*n about what others think about our Hummers, because we love them.

1GaNole
10-09-2008, 03:54 AM
I have found there are 2 drivers on the road:

1) Those that respect the size and get the heck out of my way.

2) Those that think they want to prove a point and slow down keeping me from passing. Those are the idiots that soon see my front bumber 6 inches from their rear bumper.

My motto... " DON'T START NUTHIN & THERE WON'T BE NUTHIN "

Rico001
10-09-2008, 03:59 AM
As far as the ride and handling and parking and everything. Also are people really as obnoxious towards H2 drivers as they seem to be on the internet? Is it common to get the finger, or cut off, ect?

To answer your questions in order.

1 Ride is plush and I would say better than the Linc or Caddy

2 Parking is quite easy

3 We have had nothing but good comments and respect with the HUMMER
in our area

~Richard

brad_p
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Agree with very one else, people get on the internet and magicaly grow balls. No one has ever said anything or done anything toward me in a negative way because of my h2. Never a note, Never a finger, Never Cut off. Also i agree on Kids love them, i always have children looking in amazment at my truck and pointing and saying wow look at that.

MajorGeek
10-10-2008, 03:36 AM
1: Ride. Better then you have heard. Good pickup and acceleration. I told my wife that the 08 were going to be more comfortable. She asked "how?". There you go.

2: Parking like any SUV, need to know your vehicle.

3: People love the H2. Since gas prices jumped, not so much. Not because of the gas we burn, but the guy looking at me with a frown is driving an Honda Civic, Smart For 2 or a Prius, I would frown too.

MVR 155
10-10-2008, 03:40 AM
I wil have to agree with the rest, very nice ride, bit stiffer than the Escalade but still quite nice, for a large truck believe it or not its quite nimble considering its weight, definately gets you noticed. I have yet to have a problem other than an occasional dirty look from some fag bag in a Prius...... did have one hippie looking kid take a picture of the gas pump I was at after pulling away, I asked him if he was doing a science project and he said yeah really cocky.... I told him to make sure he told his teacher that the $85.00 I pumped was only for a little over 1/2 to top off :D (back in July when gas was at its peak) :D

MajorGeek
10-10-2008, 03:54 AM
What MVR said. Its not a Cadillac. A stiffer suspension is in order for what this truck does. However, I have read comments about its poor handling and laughed. I own a few cars including a Viper and an 08 Dodge Challenger and let me tell you, most people (especially those talking how bad it handles) would be really suprised at how well it handles, accelerates and overall rides. I love my H2. Probably have to get rid of it soon because I have no need and the H3T is looking good, but trust me, drive one, you will be suprised. I compare it to sitting at home on a very comfortable leather couch.

splne1
10-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Ha weird with gas prices this way. I cant even begin to count how many people ask how bad gas really is on it?? Anyhow my ride is a little rough but its cuz of the lift, but I love it!!

lasvegash2
10-10-2008, 04:57 AM
i own both, 08 escalade and 08 h2, they both get similiar gas mileage...but i love driving the h2 so much more...the escalade bores me to death..my wife is always asking me to take the escalade to work but i just cant do it...the only thing the escalade has that i do like better is the sound system...but i listen mostly to xm cnn news most of the time so its not a big deal...

wingn69
10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
I have been driving mine for two years now in Germany, Austria and Italy have had No issues on the roads a few tight spots nothing the Hummer could not handle. Driving on the Auto Bahns is fun with a Hummer. Most asked Question is how much gas does it use from the Germans. My Wife calls it a living room on wheels.

frenzy1
10-10-2008, 01:48 PM
To answer your questions in order.

1 Ride is plush and I would say better than the Linc or Caddy

2 Parking is quite easy

3 We have had nothing but good comments and respect with the HUMMER
in our area

~Richard

Couldn't agree more !! The H2 is my best ride so far (drove a Jeep Wrangler, BMW 525 TDS, Range Rover, Dodge Ram).

It's like nothing else !! Truly !!

Frenzy
Belgium

brad_p
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah i get the gas question a bit, usually they ask hey man whats that thing get like 12. I just chuckle and say more like 9 to 9.5 but i drive it rough.

Pure_Justice
10-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Ride - Smoother then most think. I upgraded from a Dodge Durango to an H2. Night and Day. Smoooooth as can be.

People - Always get asked about how much gas it takes and how many miles can I get. I was tell them I don't know or care, the government is footing the bill, and then they get pissed.

No one has cut me off, of yet, but you will find that some people just freak when a large vehicle is on their heels and just slow down. I guess they figure they play it safe.

Parking and driving - For me, it took like 2 weeks to get really comfortable driving and manuevering in it. But in fairness, it took me that long as well driving my first SUV

Driving is heaven thru any rough rodes. It just plows thru everything.

I echo what other said about kids loving the H2. Bring it to the park or better yet, to one of those kids school washes and they are in heaven.

Also, what another member said, if you do not like attention or are very low profile person, this is definately not the vehicle for you.

All & All, I LOVE MY H2!!!

HummerJim
10-11-2008, 02:52 PM
H2 ride is almost luxurious and much smoother than my old H3. It can get to my cabin in the sticks on muddy and snowy roads when most other vehicles can't. I like the versatility of the SUT for throwing stuff in the back. There is always something in the bed. I like rolling down all the windows, and the sunroof on the SUT, and it's almost like being in a convertible. I find myself using the air pump with the air suspension on the Adventure Package much more than I ever thought I would.
I LOVE THE COMFORT OF THE NEW SEATS! When I'm having a bad back day I find myself going out for a ride and turning on the seat heater and listening to some soft music on the XM. I would love to have one of those seats in the den!
My grandchildren are crazy about the H2 and constantly want to go somewhere in it when they are over at the house. At least half the time when I'm at the gas station someone comes over to ask about the mileage and twice people have asked if they could sit in it.
MOST IMIPORTANTLY< I JUST LOVE DRIVING MY H2!

jroman201
10-11-2008, 04:28 PM
listening to some soft music on the XM

:giggling:

I have an 04 SUV and it is very comfortable....now i dont go listening to smooth jazz or anything like that but i have been one to just take a ride around the block a few times when i get home....just to get the thoughts and feels of the crappy work truck (nissan pickup) out of my system...

h2newfie
10-12-2008, 03:04 AM
My husband and I recently purchased a 2006 H2 and we are totally in love with it. I also agree that it handles phenomenally. I also have an H3 and I love it as well but there is a difference in performance between the two. My daughter is in heaven when we take out the H2. We get both stares and glares but I don't give much attention. I have had a few people get cocky when I try to pass but again just ignore them and don't aggravate the situation. I have had people say that they protest the H2 and I tell them that they are entitled to their opinion as long as they don't touch my vehicle. I wouldn't trade my H2 for any other vehicle at this point. I LOVE IT!!!!!! Cari