PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H2 vs Landcruiser

HummerMann
10-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Who are they kidding trying to compare these two? The Landcruiser doesn't even have locking axles and the approach and departure angles are much better on the H2. I would have liked to see some evaluation in the mud & fording some water too. As for calling the H2, "the off-roader for idiots," I would have to say they are the ones that scraped up the H2 in the testing....who are the idiots here?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/15/autoblog-comparo-moving-mountains-toyota-landcruiser-vs-humm/

RazM
10-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah, it's a very sad piece and reminds me of the idiots on Top Gear. Actually, as is very common lately in automotive journalism, EVERYONE is trying to emulate Jeremy the drunk horse Clarkson and his Queen ass kissing team.

The fact is, the majority of the 'regular' driving population have no clue what makes an offroad vehicle. Frankly, I'm shocked how many people don't even understand something as simple as approach, departure, and breakover angles.

What's worse? They're going to be putting a Rubicon against an H3T next month. Yeah, the H3T, not the H3. Short wheelbase vs very long wheelbase, I wonder who's going to outperform? :notallthere:

Stupid people shall remain stupid.

HummerJim
10-19-2008, 12:27 AM
I would have to agree that these testers had very little offroad experience and even poorer spotters. I would like to see a picture of the undercarraige of the Landcruiser vs the Hummer after these tests. I'll bet you will find some smashed in and bent exhaust pipes on the cruiser. Does anyone in the US buy a Landcruiser to go offroading - where's the FJ comparison?
I have to agree with Hummer Mann, nothing gets you out of bad trouble like locking axles and these two vehicles have such different approach and departure angles, not to even make this a contest.

Kerr
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Few years ago some did a video of the H2, A G500, Lexus and some others. I dont recall them all now.

it was all bs, and you could tell it was filmed for brad X. They had 5 or 6 different areas where they showed the G500 stuck. it was spinning 1 front wheel and one rear wheel and could go.. even thought it has 3 lockers! Then they showed water to the fog lights and said it could go any deeper... They did about the same with the H2.