PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I can't stay away.... looking for another H2.

OrangeCrush
10-19-2008, 01:33 AM
As many of you recall, I sold my H2 about a month ago. I hadn't really been driving it around much and the thought of paying 750 bucks a month (payments were only 600 but I always pay more) and not driving the truck, to me, was a waste.

So here I am not driving the truck, paying money and gas prices going up.... I figured what the hell, I'll sell her.

Besides, the truck had 103K miles on it and it was only a matter of time before I had to rebuild the trans or something. The supercharger was probably wearing out other components prematurely anyways.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/MyBlueC5/H2/wheels006.jpg

I decided I'd buy something more practical and economical with lower mileage so I bought an '05 Jeep Rubicon. I installed new wheels/tires and a lift.

I drove the truck less than a week to realize it was never going to take the place of my H2.... not even if I just let it sit there and drove it once in a while.

And to top it off, I paid cash for the Jeep which was about a thousand dollars more than what I could have just paid the H2 off for.

Sooooooo, less than a week of driving and I've decided I'm going to build another H2.

I think this time it had to be new so it has the black interior. I want it black or I'll paint it satin black. I want to lower it 3-4 inches and remove all the chrome. I want real tires, no stupid wheel/tire combinations that look like it belongs on a jacked up impala.

I want to remove all the 4WD stuff...ie, brush guard, luggage rack and stuff like that.

A stealthy, lowered, supercharged H2 that looks like it came out of a Mad Max movie....

So, the Jeep is for sale and I'm on the prowl for another H2.

Guess you guys are stuck with me for a while again. :p

I'll keep ya'll up to date as I start the build.

Mark

ttkresurfacing
10-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I swear I could see that coming..... :violin:

HummBob
10-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Mark, I KNEW you'd be BACK......

frenzy1
10-19-2008, 08:54 AM
:iagree:

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
10-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Buddy,
Knew you would not last long without an H2. Glad you are making choice to go back with the best rig on the road. I'm surprised as I thought you would last a little longer. Main thing is getting you back and good luck on your next H2 build.

TAZ

HummerMann
10-19-2008, 02:33 PM
These things just get in your blood and you can't go without one. I was close to selling our 2003 in 2006. I let our son use it while he was at Randolph AFB in Texas and was about to sell it to him at a bargain price, BUT my wife started complaining about not having the Hummer. To make a long story short, we flew down to San Antonio and drove the Hummer back home (my son now has a Hummer Certified 2007 H3). In 2006 I found that my wife was always somewhere in the H2 during hunting season or driving me to work in the snow, and got myself an 2006 SUT. So, we went from a no Hummer family for three months to a two Hummer family (three if you count our now married son). They are just so comfortable and so great out in the brush & snow you take them for granted.
Good to have your input again on the forum Orange Crush! Weclome back!

Intercooled
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
We told you so!! I posted a similar story on here with my H2. Giving in to the economy and gas. Gave it up and couldnt live without it. So I found my SUT and wont ever go with out a Hummer again!! I think there needs to be a support group for Hummer owners who start to stray.

wingn69
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure what I would do with out my H2. Its changed who I am thats for sure. Glade to see your back with the group. The idea of a support group is great.

Boss Hoss
10-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Mark im liking the idea of the satin black paint job....i think that would look sick. I have been thinking lately i would liek to do that to mine and go with black rims, but i would want to lift it instead of lower.

You have good taste and i think youll have hard time finding a tire/rim combo that doesnt belong on a jacked up impala if you are goign to drop the rig. You really need big rims on that type setup IMO. The Geiger H2s are sweet for a lowered rig and HumBobs is coming along nicely with the new black blingers.

Metallic Red
10-20-2008, 01:17 AM
It's an addiction. Never leave home with out it!! :beerchug:

Welcome Back!! :grouphug:

At least the price of gas came down for ya!! LOL !! :cool: :rolleyes:

HummBob
10-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Mark im liking the idea of the satin black paint job....i think that would look sick. I have been thinking lately i would liek to do that to mine and go with black rims, but i would want to lift it instead of lower.

You have good taste and i think youll have hard time finding a tire/rim combo that doesnt belong on a jacked up impala if you are goign to drop the rig. You really need big rims on that type setup IMO. The Geiger H2s are sweet for a lowered rig and HumBobs is coming along nicely with the new black blingers.

Thanks Boss......:D

I actually JUST PURCHASED the SMA Black Chrome parts that were made!!!

So next spring, BLACK CHROME baby.............

OrangeCrush
10-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Whoooaaa, I never got any email notification that anyone responded. I'm so surprised that I'd get that much support.

Thanks all, you were all right.... I thought the Jeep would passify me since I wasn't planning on making it a daily driver.

WRONG!!! My H2 was definitely one of the best quality vehicles I have ever had and I miss her terribly.

I've got the Jeep up for sale and I'm trying to look for an H2 that needs a paintjob so I can do the satin black thing.

Thanks again, I'll keep ya'll updated as I get another....

Mark

OrangeCrush
10-21-2008, 03:05 AM
A little smaller wheels and in satin black but I'm thinking something along these lines....

http://images5.ecarlist.com/photos/1133_191136/640/00.jpg

All blacked out, lowered a bit, smaller wheels, etc, etc....

OrangeCrush
10-25-2008, 10:51 AM

Thanks and though I'm sure you've seen this pic but this is pretty well what I want except I want the black Rockstar rims that are the SUT pic I posted except with a more aggressive tire.

http://www.bonesenterprises.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5769&g2_serialNumber=2

I hate to be a copycat but excluding the wheels, that's pretty much the setup I'm looking for.

ROX
10-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Serves you right!!! Welcome back :beerchug:

:D

NJ H2
10-28-2008, 04:47 AM
NICE!
Glad to see your back and lookin forward to the step by step build pics :D