PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

jroman201
10-26-2008, 05:13 PM
just found out I pay $513.22 for 6 months of coverage...

what do you guys/gals pay...??

o2man98
10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
$1300 per year for my 07 H2 and a 2005 Saab 92x Aero together. I am 28 and my wife is 33. No traffic history.

lasvegash2
10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
i pay $370 for all my toys listed below per month...the h2 is $80 of that.

TRUBRIT
10-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I pay a lot more than that. I live in South Florida so I have to deal with people who cannot drive, do not have a License, do not have Insurance. I need to cover myself against the uninsured Motorist, property damage (an H2 will wreck a house pretty good), and Medical for myself and passengers and other Driver. You have to remember if you are in an accident and it is your fault they want money. If your Insurance is not enough, they will come after what you have. It all depends on how you want to protect your assets. I have worked hard to get where I am and I do not want some lowlife claiming he is injured to force me to Mortgage or sell my house to pay him. I suggest you check your Policy, you maybe surprised on your coverage. Suing is America's favorite sport.

porschett
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
I pay a lot more than that. I live in South Florida so I have to deal with people who cannot drive, do not have a License, do not have Insurance. I need to cover myself against the uninsured Motorist, property damage (an H2 will wreck a house pretty good), and Medical for myself and passengers and other Driver. You have to remember if you are in an accident and it is your fault they want money. If your Insurance is not enough, they will come after what you have. It all depends on how you want to protect your assets. I have worked hard to get where I am and I do not want some lowlife claiming he is injured to force me to Mortgage or sell my house to pay him. I suggest you check your Policy, you maybe surprised on your coverage. Suing is America's favorite sport.

It al depends on where you live. When I was on Marco Island, my insurance was half of what it is now. I have specialized insurance on the Porsches, restricted as to where they can be parked, miles per year, etc.. The good news is they are both insured for declared value. Since the H2 is on a lease, I have to carry $1 million liability.

A lot of people get car insurance on their boats, i.e., State Farm. Yeah, if you sink, they'll pay for the boat, but no enviromental clean-up! If my new one goes down, I'm looking at 500 gallons of fuel plus all the oil and lube. "Here's you check to pay for the boat, how do you want to handle the $500,000.00 bill for the clean-up?"

Cesardajr
10-27-2008, 07:51 PM
$432.98 for 6 months full coverage from all state in california for the 06 H2. no dmv history

Devis1957
10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm in Louisiana and my 6 month policy is $652, but what it's really based on is the limits of liability as stated above.

hummeraddict
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
i have state farm and its $550 for 6 months in NH. For H3 though, not H2. Oddly enough, i thought my insurance would go up when i traded my Envoy for Hummer, but i saved a few bucks.

jroman201
10-27-2008, 09:27 PM
i have state farm and its $550 for 6 months in NH. For H3 though, not H2. Oddly enough, i thought my insurance would go up when i traded my Envoy for Hummer, but i saved a few bucks.

yeah i got a drop in premium too when i got rid of the VW GTI for the H2...dont remember exactly how much but close to $100 bucks/6 months...

KenP
10-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I carry a high value personal liability policy that covers pretty much anything I'm involved in that my other insurances don't cover.

It's also very cheap. I started carrying it when I owned my own businesses and have just kept it just in case.