PDA

View Full Version : Smallest tires? Want to run Bridgestone Blizzak's.

johndjmix1
11-07-2008, 01:56 AM
This winter im considering running one of the new studless winter tires. They have this sandpaper like compound, makes them kick ass in ice. Actually, in a most tests they outperform studed tires on ice, crazy!!!

Anyways, the Bridgestone Blizzak's are the best out there. Unfortunatly the largest I can find are 29" tall. Wonder how much this would mess with my gearing/rpm at 65. Anyone ever install a tire this small?

This would be just for the winter, as in the summer im wheeling and need my 35's.

--John

brad_p
11-07-2008, 03:39 PM
that would look dumb as hell

HumminNBoatin'
11-07-2008, 04:29 PM
UMMMM you do realize you are driving a HUMMER right? You dont need winter tires.

johndjmix1
11-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Yea, i did a photoshop test to see what it would look like. Cough *Gay*. Damit. Guess ill run studs this winter.

HumminNboatin: Guess you have never spent a winter in colorado...4 wheel drive, 35's, 44's even....dont matter. If you get on ice you are stuck....and if you hit ice unexpectly at speed,....bad things.....every time it gets icy here I can drive 20 miles and see 10 roll overs. Just about everyone carrys chains with them.

Looking for that added security on ice. Too bad they dont make those bridgestones big enough.

--John

brad_p
11-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Heres a thought. Get a supercharger and roast the tires then drive over sand. then you have sandpaper tires.