PDA

View Full Version : Big One Day Drop

HummerJim
11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Over highway 70 to Kansas City yesterday .... besides for offroad, water and snow, H2s are great highway machines. I filled up the Hummer last night with $1.72 a gallon gas in Independence and this morning I noticed it's $1.57 a gallon at the Quick Trip for regular and $1.97 for premium in KC. I HONESTLY never thought we would see prices get this low again for gas.
http://www.missourigasprices.com/

KenP
11-13-2008, 06:09 PM
That's a long drive. I almost ran out of gas on my first trip out there. I put in 29.5 gallons. :eek:

Last time out there heading west with marcmedic I was in Big Nasty and we were heading into something like 50kt winds. Tumbleweeds were crashing into us, I couldn't get over 50mph, the dust was blinding at times, it was terrible.

HummerMann
11-14-2008, 01:32 AM
I have driven that stretch of I 70 in my H2 all the way from Denver to Ohio ,many times and western Kansas always seems to be very windy. I even did a side tour and lunch up to Goodland hoping the winds would die down (stumbled on some neat old far mhouses from the turn of the century there). Years ago there was a gas station in Wakeeney,KS that gave you a piece of pie with a fill-up. Prices in northern NY are down too, $2.19 in Syracuse today, which is a bargain in NY!

HummerJim
11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
We're out at the Lake of the Ozarks with relatives for Thanksgiving and by the lack of parking spots at the outlet mall it's hard to believe we're in an economic depression. Can my wife shop!!! Gas prices this morning at the Quick Trip in Osage Beach are $1.19 a gallon for regular - YEP - INCREDIBLE. In Jeff City gas was $1.29 at BP on the way down.
Lake O reminds me a lot of Texas, in that you see more Hummers in this area than almost anywhere else. I counted 2 H1s, 3 H2s and two H3s in the mall parking lot yesterday. Some great trails and many sponsored Lynch Hummer events out here on the Great Ozark Trail, from the days of the pioneers, still with the wagon ruts in a few places. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

brad_p
11-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeh its weird seeing that it only takes 70 tops to fill up, got use to seeing 130's for a while.

HummerMann
11-26-2008, 06:17 PM
In Portland, Maine for Thanksgiving and filled up for $1.62 a gallon last night! Fun driving the Hummer in the snow in New York and Vermont on the way over. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

jmsspratlin
11-27-2008, 09:27 PM
That's a long drive. I almost ran out of gas on my first trip out there. I put in 29.5 gallons. :eek:

Last time out there heading west with marcmedic I was in Big Nasty and we were heading into something like 50kt winds. Tumbleweeds were crashing into us, I couldn't get over 50mph, the dust was blinding at times, it was terrible.

29.5 gallons?????? Mine will only hold around 25-26 gal