PDA

View Full Version : donuts in a h2 ?

pugads650
11-16-2008, 02:44 AM
how is this guy doing this ive tried this in snow,gravel,dirt,wet pavement and all i get is under steer its goes wide ive never been even close to pulling off a donut.:raar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UlB3Quacts

[__--MUD--__]
11-19-2008, 04:31 AM
technically it's not a donut, ;) but you should be able to get it to spin on its center axis in the snow. Never actualy tried to do this in mine, which is odd...

my buddy had a AWD cyclone that he could spin doughnuts in a dry parking lot. It would make damn near perfect circles on its own axis after it got spinning/smoking tires heated up. The front tire tire marks, almost lined up w/ the rear tire marks.

8500lbs
11-19-2008, 04:56 AM
I have done it, It depends on what you are wanting to do. but my first tip is big area if trying it for first time.

If you are wanting to drift it in a big circle, begin with some speed turn in and punch it and be ready to turn back keeping it out of a whip around 180 and more of a slide. the only tip i can give here is know where your shift points are, if you turn too soon and then puch it it will cause it to really spin and if you punch and then turn it will cause more of a front end plow action. the strongest gear for a drift is 1st to 2nd. I leave it in the standard gearing and no special traction control. The fisrt few attempts might give issues because traction conrtol trying to take over but it can still be done. If you want more of a circle spin after you first get the back to lose traction pin the throttle and hold the wheel at full cock. The biggest tip i can give it shifting points and throttle control can be used just as much as the steering wheel. I also like the standard 4 high than 4 low because it is a 40 to 60 ratio. more power to the back is always good. A final point is traction is key, or should i say lack of it. i have only been able to do spins or drift in ice storms, snow, and after a first rain.

thanks
b