PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a New H2 Hummer Truck

mst004
11-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Guys,

I would like to purchase a new 2009 H2 Hummer truck but I have a couple of concerns that I would like your opinions on in reference to purchasing the Hummer Brand. Any insight as the longevity of the hummer Brand? Who or what will provide warranty or repair services should the Hummer brand be sold? My dealer in Birmingham has provide info to the effect that is not reasonable in respect to future warranty issues.

What do you guys think the current status is on the possible brand sell to others?

Thanks

MST004

Intercooled
11-27-2008, 12:18 AM
The Hummer Brand is very popular but only a very small percentage of GM's production. At the Current moment the Brand is selling very strong in Europe. With GM looking at a possibe bail-out or bankruptcy they need to radically change thier way of doing business. Hummer really isnt in thier new business plan. They are currently looking to sell. Most of it is just politcal correctness. GM isnt going to show up in Congress asking for a bail-out suggesting that they going to expand the Hummer brand which has the dogma of being very fuel inefficient and far from green. We on here know its all BS. Hummer has been a reliable machine for years and has won numerous awards. If GM sells Hummer or Hummer goes defunct, by law GM must provide parts for I believe 10 years. Just like Oldsmobile. And most GM dealerships will service the vehicle. Most on here have suggested the H2 is over built !! We have all had little issues with something or another but not any more than average vehicle. I would go for it. Believe me, you'll never want another Brand!

Tully
11-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I agree. The minute I hear that Hummer is gone, I'm buying a SECOND H2 and garaging the thing until my current H2 disintegrates to dust. I've never had a vehcile that I could beat up so much and have no problems with.

People may say 'that thing looks like a tank' but it sure as hell is built like one too!

I've got over 75k miles on my '05, still have factory tires and factory brakes, the tires will need to be changed soon, especially for the winter, but the brakes have at least another 30k miles in them (per the DEALER - who normally just screw you to make an extra buck).

BRICK SH!T HOUSE! :)

HummerMann
11-27-2008, 04:03 PM
I've got a 2006 H2SUT with 46,000 miles and the original tires and brakes and it runs like a top! I'm seriously thinking of buying a 2009 H2 if they disconitnue Hummer and giving it to the wife for Christmas and we can be a two Hummer family again. They are built like tanks. I've towed with mine, been offroad, through water - you name it and like Timex it takes a licking & just keeps on ticking.
As for dealers, one dealer in Missouri says they'll stay servicing Hummers, and selling Hummer parts and used vehicles, even if Hummer goes under.
http://www.lynchhummer.com/articles/st.louis_mag_10_08.600.jpg
My uncle takes his Olds to the local Chevy dealer in Albany for warranty work - he has the extended GM warranty.