PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket NAV in 08 hummer, will it look right?

hotstang46`
12-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Just bought an 08 hummer that doesn't have NAV. I really like some of the portable garmin's and that but I'd much rather prefer an in dash unit with dvd capabilities, etc. However, I've seen some vehicles with them that just don't look right because of color variations between the nav plastic and the dash plastic. They kinda look out of place, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about and have seen vehicles like this. I'm just worried that the dash, which looks awesome now, will loose it's slick look and appear choppy.

Anyone have an 08 with aftermarket nav that can post up a pic or give me an impression? Or possibly know of one that has near identical color on the plastic screen surround as the stockers dash?

Thanks ;)

pugads650
12-04-2008, 11:11 PM
i would also like to know i have an 05 can anybody recomend some all in one type headunits .

hotstang46`
12-05-2008, 12:37 AM
with an 05 interior I believe your good to go. You can should be able to easily put any double DIN nav system in there. I prefer pioneer myself...go to their website and determine how much you want to pay and what option variations there are.

Faustus100
12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Dont know about the 08 model.But if the console is similar to the 03 then Id go with the Kenwood DNX8120.I just installed it and it looks factory,very flush with no gaps or misfits(also double din).Is a pretty pricey unit however,but it includes nav,dvd,radio and bluetooth.It also has 2 usb connections for ipod or flash drive.While I kinda like the Tom Tom nav a little better,its a great system.
have a look-
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX8120/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX8120.html?search=dnx8120&tp=144