PDA

View Full Version : 2003 H2 Trans Part Number?

Sundown94
12-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey Everyone! My H2 is approaching the 100K mile mark and I believe the first "serious" thing to go wrong will be the transmission. As such, I am doing a little research into prices for rebuilding my current transmission versus buying a brand new one. My question is, what is the part number for my transmission (I believe it is the 4L65-E, but I think there must be an official GM part number)? Also, I am very leary about the success/reliability of a rebuilt trans and welcome anyone's thoughts on going for a rebuild vs. a totally new trans (pros/cons??).
Thanks!
Steve-

oilyocean
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
had mine rebuilt 1 year ago and have had no problems...total cost was around 2400 and took about 5 days at shop
rebuilt or new transmission will still be dependent on proper installation--I think rebuilt might be slightly cheaper and if it is a good transmission guy he might be able to increase clutch surface by stacking discs differently

IRA51
12-08-2008, 05:56 PM
If you have it rebuilt by a shop that doe's high preformance rebuilds and they know what they are doing ,you will get a better than new trans . with the right parts and a new HP torque converter and a Transgo kit you are better off than getting a new stock GM trans. finding an HONEST trans shop in your area that knows what they are doing is the key .