PDA

View Full Version : H3 Build problem?

funpilot
06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory....we do not know when it will be shipped. So, my dealer has agreed to let me re-order the truck and now I can get my side curtain airbags. Also am going to get the brush guard now as I learned that it is too expensive to ask the dealer to add it later...best to get it from the factory.

H3 Builder....any idea what would have held it up? I am not mad, it is probably a blessing in disguise as I really wanted the side curtain airbags.

Now that I have seen the grey...not sure I will stoick with it as it is not the same color as they had at the NY Car show. So, what color should I get?

funpilot
06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory....we do not know when it will be shipped. So, my dealer has agreed to let me re-order the truck and now I can get my side curtain airbags. Also am going to get the brush guard now as I learned that it is too expensive to ask the dealer to add it later...best to get it from the factory.

H3 Builder....any idea what would have held it up? I am not mad, it is probably a blessing in disguise as I really wanted the side curtain airbags.

Now that I have seen the grey...not sure I will stoick with it as it is not the same color as they had at the NY Car show. So, what color should I get?

firm
06-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Yellow

DeLeon
06-03-2005, 09:55 PM
If you're going to re-order and wait a couple of months, I'd say you should go for the blue, I will order that one if I have to re-order.

funpilot
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
My dealer says I will only wait less than a month.....

funpilot
06-03-2005, 10:16 PM
I like yellow...my wife hates it.

HummerNewbie
06-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I like the yellow but a good friend already has a yellow H2 so I would go with blue too.

H3 Builder
06-03-2005, 11:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory....we do not know when it will be shipped. So, my dealer has agreed to let me re-order the truck and now I can get my side curtain airbags. Also am going to get the brush guard now as I learned that it is too expensive to ask the dealer to add it later...best to get it from the factory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what would be holding anything up. I know the lot is filling up again, but I see some being loaded up on the carriers and railcars.
We don't put the brush guards on at the factory. That is a dealer installed option. I have noticed that some of the dealer options show up on the stickerprice and maybe thats where you'd save money? I don't know.

DeLeon
06-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Any H3 sales person that could clarify this? Should the dealer install the brush guard (or any other dealer installed options) for no extra charge? I mean.. how difficult could it be to screw the assist steps and the brush guard into the chasis?! I'm not sure about the marker lights, but I think that you could install all the extra options at home... any thoughts?

funpilot
06-04-2005, 12:39 AM
I was told by our local dealer that it took them almost 3 hours to do their first brush guard as it involved taking off a lot of the front end.

timgco
06-04-2005, 03:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
I have been able to confirm that my H3 has been pulled from being shipped for several weeks now due to QC concerns at the factory.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine was confirmed to be built as of Wed. And then the dealer called and told me mine was shipped on Thursday. Is this possible that it can be shipped out the very next day???? The dealer sais it can be two to three weeks to get here now. i was told by the dealer that the minor QC issue had to do with the front windshield frame and has already been fixed. They had a run of them and have already fixed/ repalced them and sent the trucks on their way.

Builder, can you confirm this?

H3 Builder
06-04-2005, 03:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mine was confirmed to be built as of Wed. And then the dealer called and told me mine was shipped on Thursday. Is this possible that it can be shipped out the very next day???? The dealer sais it can be two to three weeks to get here now. i was told by the dealer that the minor QC issue had to do with the front windshield frame and has already been fixed. They had a run of them and have already fixed/ repalced them and sent the trucks on their way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a new one, windshield frame. Haven't changed any parts for that. We had a short week and a number of folks took vacation this week so it won't be till next week before I can find out much info on possible problems or holdups. I do know we are still building 300 a day, no change there. Yes, if everything is right with the vehicle, it could go straight out.

KenP
06-04-2005, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
I was told by our local dealer that it took them almost 3 hours to do their first brush guard as it involved taking off a lot of the front end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, where are you getting yours anyway? I don't think you ever said.

H3 Buyer to be?
06-04-2005, 04:48 AM
I am getting mine from Erin at Sewell, and I have a guy that is flying from KY to TX to pick it up Thursday then driving it to me here in Scottsdale. I bought one that was coming in for stock unsold, and it is SUPPOSED to be here any day. I am sure I will go crazy the longer it takes to get in!

DRTYFN
06-04-2005, 05:01 AM
I heard they ran out of LEGOs. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gifhttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

funpilot
06-04-2005, 09:23 AM
I am getting mine from a dealer in NJ, actually not too far from where I work in NYC.

srqhumdinger
06-04-2005, 09:33 AM
funpilot, could you tell how the grey was not what you expected? How was it different from the one at the car show? We have also ordered a grey one, but not seen one in person.

tony d
06-04-2005, 10:42 AM
yes tell us about the grey , because based on what i saw at the nyc show that's what I was going to order !

tony d
06-04-2005, 10:49 AM
funpilot what dealer in n.j. did you get yours from ?

H3 Builder
06-04-2005, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes tell us about the grey , because based on what i saw at the nyc show that's what I was going to order ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing. When I first saw them I thought it was silver, but it is called boulder grey.

H3 Buyer to be?
06-04-2005, 01:55 PM
The one at the autoshow is no where near Boulder Grey. That color is silver or pewter, and in my opinion it looks a hundred times better than the Boulder Grey. I saw the Boulder Grey a bunch of times now, and it looks wayyyyyy darker. I wish they would have come out with all the H2 colors... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

funpilot
06-04-2005, 03:14 PM
IMHO the Boulder grey looks like 10 year old grey you would see on a car in the junk yard. But, I saw it on the car in a dark garage area at the dealer and will go look at it again today with my wife....

funpilot
06-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Paramus Hummer is the dealer

H2chief
06-05-2005, 01:53 AM
The boulder grey looks like ****.

funpilot
06-05-2005, 01:57 PM
I am going to go with the green....looks like Army green to me......grunt.

tony d
06-05-2005, 11:16 PM
h3 builder so your saying the h3 at the nyc auto show is the same paint code as the the boulder grey that is offered ? what happens to the vehicles from the shows ?

VTSTOMPER
06-05-2005, 11:40 PM
most of the time they do not even have VIN's and are MFG trucks. They are showed all over, and then sold off at an auction if ever. People buy them though, and do some swapping because you cannot legally put a MFG car on the road.

H3 Builder
06-06-2005, 01:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">most of the time they do not even have VIN's and are MFG trucks. They are showed all over, and then sold off at an auction if ever. People buy them though, and do some swapping because you cannot legally put a MFG car on the road </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, everyone we built had a vin. If I understand, most will be destroyed. The show trucks were built with a lot of preproduction parts and cannotbe sold to the public. They will be used for research needs or crushed.

oneworld
06-06-2005, 02:06 AM
The grey is metalic and looks different in different lighting, I think it looks great, but I also saw the green with the adventure package, and it looked dam good, alittle army but very cool. I am sticking with Grey w/ebony leather it changes color and I like that.

H3 Buyer to be?
06-06-2005, 03:12 AM
I also went with the B Grey, but I WISH IT WAS THE SAME AS THE NYC AUTO SHOW... Why do they do that? Here is a sick truck, that looks HOT, but you can't have one like this. In fact you can't even think about owning one like this. WTF?

H3 Builder
06-06-2005, 12:28 PM
We haven't changed the color and the show trucks were all built here. They may of jazzed them up abit, but like someone said before, the color looks different under different lighting situations.

DeLeon
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I finally got to see my boulder gray H3 and I think it looks AWESOME! The color is just what I expected (or at least what I had seen in pictures).. if you guys think that is different, you should probably see it under different light conditions.

HUMMER H3 4 ME
06-06-2005, 04:27 PM
I think Birch White is very classy, and will look good in all situations. (especially with mud). We wont be using it for off-roading though. Just for my mom to take us to school/baseball etc. Until My brother gets hi real liscense instead of the copy of paper(he got the new mustang.)