PDA

View Full Version : PICS OF MY NEW SONY DVD AND XM RADIO IN CONSOLE TOPS

BIGHEAVY
11-14-2003, 12:39 AM
well i finally got a screen that is simply awesome,(fourth try)picture is as good as my home tv at all angles and fits and looks incredible. the xm is very nice also and am very satisfied with both being fm modulated.couldnt be any more satisfied. can anyone guess the name of the movie that was playing?

http://home.centurytel.net/BIGHEAVY/

BIGHEAVY
11-14-2003, 12:39 AM
well i finally got a screen that is simply awesome,(fourth try)picture is as good as my home tv at all angles and fits and looks incredible. the xm is very nice also and am very satisfied with both being fm modulated.couldnt be any more satisfied. can anyone guess the name of the movie that was playing?

http://home.centurytel.net/BIGHEAVY/

H2 Daddy
11-22-2003, 05:17 AM
That is a really cool set-up you have BigH. How did you hook-up the XM so it plays through your stock system? Do all the stock radio/Cd changer features and functions still work?

H2Dude
11-22-2003, 07:48 AM
h2daddy,

It sounds like he is using an FM modulator to run the sound through his stock system. I believe the DVD/XM tuner sends out a signal on an unused frequency around 89.1fm or there abouts and the stock radio picks up the sound like a radio station.

I am doing the same thing to my H2 but I am hardwiring it using an after market device you can check out here. [URL=http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundpiogm1

I just ordered it so I'll let you guys know how it works out.

H2 Daddy
11-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I don't understand the electronic stuff so please bare with me.

Is the FM modulator something you hook-up to the back of the stock radio. Does it have to be powered by itself or does it get power from the XM unit?

When powering the XM unit, which wires do you splice into. In other words how do you power the XM unit?

Just thinking about this electronic **** give me a headache. Screw it, I will just keep using CDs.

unaslob
11-22-2003, 09:08 PM
nice install... what movie is showing.. I know that scene I think but cant figure it out!?!

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

HummMe
11-23-2003, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2 Daddy:
I don't understand the electronic stuff so please bare with me.

Is the FM modulator something you hook-up to the back of the stock radio. Does it have to be powered by itself or does it get power from the XM unit?

When powering the XM unit, which wires do you splice into. In other words how do you power the XM unit?

Just thinking about this electronic **** give me a headache. Screw it, I will just keep using CDs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FM modulator gets plugged in series with your factory antenna cable. They actually plug into each other and then plug into your radio. As far as wiring the unit it is a simple 3 wire hook up. Constant B+, Key on B+ and ground. Very easy to install put one in my Supercrew last year. Great sound and quality.

BIGHEAVY
11-23-2003, 01:48 PM
yes it is all modulated and the sound is great. all the factory controls work everything still.unaslob ill give you a small hint its a rockumentary.