PDA

View Full Version : those with a air intake

lasvegash2
01-17-2009, 03:12 AM
i put one on and it seems at wot it makes a "funky" noise...is this common due to the air filter being so close to the passenger compartment...i put the same on my esclade and no issues...it is the airraid system.

RippSpeed
01-17-2009, 02:35 PM
i put one on and it seems at wot it makes a "funky" noise...is this common due to the air filter being so close to the passenger compartment...i put the same on my esclade and no issues...it is the airraid system.
what kind of sound is it ???

I have an air raid but its the junior kit... It still uses the factory air box... I think since I got off roading its better for me not to have a open air filter thats why I went with the kit...

lasvegash2
01-17-2009, 04:53 PM
almost like a loud buzzing sound. it is the cold air intake not the jr kit.

RippSpeed
01-17-2009, 06:45 PM
hhhmmm a loud buzzing sound ?!?!? I've heard cai before and I have it on my daily better but never had a loud buzzing sound...

BACKNBLACK
01-19-2009, 02:47 AM

I have the "FULL" Volant kit and it is fine. No noises other than a little more growl.

ROX
01-19-2009, 03:06 AM
:D I put one of those on my 03 H2, and it made it sound like a lawnmower running under the hood. I TOOK IT OFF AND TURNED IT INTO A PLANTER. The noise went away.

I had it on for 2 weeks during the summer and I think the engine ran hotter because the box had a rubber gasket type seal that was supposed to keep it from sucking air out of the engine bay, but it didn't work very well. I found all sorts of leaves and stuff in the box too. I ended up putting the stock box back on. I always wanted to get the Volant intake system, but never have.

Tex_h2
01-19-2009, 03:46 AM
I have the volant full system, and there is a small growl when I open the throttle.

wingn69
01-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I use the K&N 77 series kit and it works fine on mine sounds great. No issues other than you have to re-oil it now and then.

SteveGt
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
is it a buzzing sound or more of a rattling? mine rattles sometimes when i really get on the gas

lasvegash2
01-21-2009, 05:23 AM
both but only at wot

SteveGt
01-23-2009, 03:55 AM
mine was making a the same noise when I first put it on I noticed it was the metal shield that covers the air filter vibrating against the truck, I played around with it to try to make it sit perfect and it fixed the problem