PDA

View Full Version : looking for group rides

HI5inN.Maine
01-20-2009, 06:39 AM
does anyone out there know of any group rides in the north east? we've been on a few with our dealer and loved it but the dealer closed their doors. now we are looking for organized off roading with other hummer owners. any suggestions greatly appriciated. we've even thought of organizing our own but not sure of interest.:confused:

MaineH3
01-20-2009, 02:51 PM
does anyone out there know of any group rides in the north east? we've been on a few with our dealer and loved it but the dealer closed their doors. now we are looking for organized off roading with other hummer owners. any suggestions greatly appriciated. we've even thought of organizing our own but not sure of interest.:confused:

Hey, hows it going? I'm from Portland. I didn't realize there were any other Mainers on this forum.
It's pretty ridiculous how Pape Hummer closed their operation - so shortsighted. They built that beautiful building and closed in uner 4 years. It still has all the signage too.
I've got an '06 H3 and will be in the market for another in a few months as my lease is running up. Looks like I'll have to take a trip to Manchester to check out the H3Ts as Pape isn't getting any.
I haven't been on any runs with the dealer but been up north a couple times with my rig (it's stock) and I love it. You might want to look up New England Offroad Outfitters in Portland and see if they are going on any runs this season.
Good Luck!! BTW: Any pics????

HI5inN.Maine
01-21-2009, 03:14 AM
ya. we loved our salesman and everyone there was great. last year we were looking forward to the annual hummer happnin and called down to see about the dates and they were closed up. we were very dissappointed to hear the news. they never sent us any info about new contacts or anything. we were not impressed. anyway, we ride with a group of jeeps but its not the same. I will get sum pics of the hummer happnin 06 at sunday river. it was an awsome trip! i'll send sum of our rides up here in northern Maine also. we ride alot on north side of baxter state park. its a beautiful area. let me know how you are treated at the new dealer. its almost time for us to buy another also! good hearing from you.:beerchug:

MaineH3
01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Just out of curiosity who was your salesman? John (JT) sold me mine and helped me get what I think is a great deal.
I was talking to another salesman (Mitsubishi salesman) that works at the old building and he said Pape wasn't getting any H3ts in. I gave him my number and told him to call me if anything changed. He called a couple weeks later to say they were getting one in and that he would let me know when it arrives. He never called back...:lame:

HumminNBoatin'
01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Join THCI!!!
They put on quiet a few events on the East Coast. I just did a 200 Mile Radius search from Portland, ME. There and there are 32 Memebers that you could contact about putting some stuff together for local runs. If you have any questions on THCI feel free to PM me.

Eric

HI5inN.Maine
01-22-2009, 03:17 AM
ya it was JT! he was great. he helped us get rear seat dvd for free! He rode with us at our hummer happnin. good guy. June was also very helpful. I hope when we find a new dealer we are treated as well there. I finally figured out how to post pics on the my h3 pics, so you can check out our sunday river trip and also our Baxter ride.

Intercooled
01-22-2009, 03:44 AM
I did the Sunday Rover tri[ through Dobles in Manchester, NH (now Quirk) Quirk totally sucks, they just arent as nice any more. Id love to get tother witha group in our area. I think a trip through the Kangamangas would be great fun! Maybe do a Hummer drive for a local charity. just a few thoughts. Of course getting together to off road is always a blast. the guys at Sunday River which guided us through were top notch.

HI5inN.Maine
01-22-2009, 04:14 AM
it was all first class, the hummer happinin.But now the economy is crap and spending money on customers AFTER the sale is a thing of the past. the guides were the guys that do the jeep jamborie every year and their hard work really showed. we will have to organize our own rides now and i'd be more than willing to help in any way. It was an awsome sight seeing 30 or so hummers of all sizes rolling down the road together!and a big thumbs up on the charity idea.

MaineH3
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I did the Sunday Rover tri[ through Dobles in Manchester, NH (now Quirk) Quirk totally sucks, they just arent as nice any more. Id love to get tother witha group in our area. I think a trip through the Kangamangas would be great fun! Maybe do a Hummer drive for a local charity. just a few thoughts. Of course getting together to off road is always a blast. the guys at Sunday River which guided us through were top notch.

I remember you saying you came up from Manchvegas to pick up your LE. I had my eye on the Blue twin to your's but it was sold pretty quick.
Unfortunately Pape only has like 4 Hummers total on site. (1 H2 and 3 H3's) Quirk has a bunch and has a bunch of H3T's (at least on their website they do) How was your experience with them? I really want to check out the T's and they are the only place around that has any.
I missed out on Sunday River as I was out of town. Obviously they didn't have anything this past summer.

MaineH3
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
ya it was JT! he was great. he helped us get rear seat dvd for free! He rode with us at our hummer happnin. good guy. June was also very helpful. I hope when we find a new dealer we are treated as well there. I finally figured out how to post pics on the my h3 pics, so you can check out our sunday river trip and also our Baxter ride.

Yep. JT is a great guy - actually know him outside of the dealership. I also spoke with June a few times as well. He was a great help too. I wonder where he is at now? JT moved on a while ago.
I also need a tutorial in posting as all my picture exceed the size limits.:mad:

Intercooled
01-22-2009, 08:27 PM
I remember you saying you came up from Manchvegas to pick up your LE. I had my eye on the Blue twin to your's but it was sold pretty quick.
Unfortunately Pape only has like 4 Hummers total on site. (1 H2 and 3 H3's) Quirk has a bunch and has a bunch of H3T's (at least on their website they do) How was your experience with them? I really want to check out the T's and they are the only place around that has any.
I missed out on Sunday River as I was out of town. Obviously they didn't have anything this past summer.
I bought my LE at Pape. Too bad they are pretty much done with HUmmer. I leased an 05 from Dobles ( which is now quirk ). I went back there when it was Quirk looking for my 2nd H2 after I returned the lease. I didnt like thier attitude. They were really pushing only what was in stock, they didnt realy want to oredr anything for me. I was willing to negotiate new 08 but I wanted an SUT in Slate Blue. They did a quick search and nothing was in the area. The salesman was saying to me if they found one would I sign to buy it. I was like WTF, only if the price was right. He made it sound like getting one woud be a real pain. Then he started talking about the black one they had in stock. " for the last time! I dont want that one!" I left there pretty pissed off. Hopefully you like what they have in stock, it will be that much easier for you!