PDA

View Full Version : Altered serial numbers on frame?

peabo
02-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Hi there i have a 03 H2 and have noticed the serial numbers on the frame have 2 digits changed from the original stamping.
One is a letter changed from an M crossed out and a 3 engraved above it the other is a 1 or an I crossed out with a 9 engraved above it..
Has anyone seen this before it seems fishy to me..what could it mean..
thanks this looks like a great site.
:notallthere:

HumminNBoatin'
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Well what number matches the one on your dash? The original? or the altered number?

OrangeCrush
02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Damn, you found me out. I was trying to change it out slowly so I could steal your truck. By the time I was done, there would have been no way you could have proven the frame was yours.

I got stuck because I didn't know what to turn a 2 into....

Welcome to the site.

Mark

peabo
02-26-2009, 02:31 AM
the one on the dash and door match the reg..
#
however ... the one on the dash the rivets holding it on look suspicious.
the door tag looks photo copied
.. does anyone have an 03 h2 and does there truck have a stamped vin number on the frame passenger side 2 or 3 feet behind the front tire..
??
\i need help with
:notallthere: this

pdsq99f4
02-26-2009, 03:15 PM
We saw about 4 H2's a couple of years ago that had the same problem as yours. They were all part of a theft ring in Florida. If you want to, PM me the two VINs and I'll look them up to see where they are from. On the ones we saw, they would use undercoating to cover up the vin on the frame and remove the door sticker. They would then remove the windshield and install the VIN from another H2 (probably wrecked). See if your windshield has the GM stamp in the lower right corner or if it's been replaced.

IRA51
02-26-2009, 06:24 PM
that sounds like you have a problem. who did you purchase it from ?