PDA

View Full Version : Gas H1 problem

Billet
02-12-2009, 12:35 AM
I was driving my truck on my Aux tank. I shut off the truck and it wouldn't restart. Engine turned over fine but wouldn't fire up. I switched to the main tank and started fine. While driving I switched to the aux tank and the truck quit running - switched back to the main tank and started running again. I put fuel in the aux tank (gage sucks) no difference. With the truck off, you can hear the main tank fuel pump running- switch to the aux tank no pump sound. Does the 1996 H1 have 2 fuel pump relays? Any Ideas? Thanks

ssgharkness020147
02-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Could be the transfer switch/valve problem. Or maybe a busted pickup in the rear tank.

Billet
02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I couldn't locate the fuel pump relay and checked the power to the aux pump. I have 10.0 vdc at the plug when the aux tank is selected so I assume that the fuel pump failed. Thanks for your help

ssgharkness020147
02-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Dealers have a habit of marking up gasser parts in a big way. If the pump is an AMG part, hook up with Travis at www.rubberduck4x4.com for a better deal.

Billet
02-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks for your help SSGharkness020147. My problem was a failed fuel pump. The good counter help at Blythe, Ca, Checker Auto took the time to match a pump for me and I am up and running. Whomever installed the last pump didn't use a pickup screen on the fuel pump inlet, I installed a new pump and I hope all is well.
Thanks again! Billet