PDA

View Full Version : GM certified warranty?

ryanh2
02-15-2009, 04:40 PM
I purchased my 05 H2 June 7, 07. It was sold as a GM certified6 year 100k mile warranty. The dealer I purchased it from told me everything was covered. That dealer has since closed. I have an appointment to drop it off at another dealer for the following problems. 1) Steering box is leaking bad. 2) Antifreeze leak from somewhere, leaves a small puddle. 3) cigarett lighter and all powerpoints dont work. 4) Powerfold mirrors dont work. Also my tube steps have what I would consider major rust. The dealer I got it from said they were covered. My question is do you think they are going to fight me on any of these issues. The truck has 35k miles.

hummeraddict
02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
I purchased my 05 H2 June 7, 07. It was sold as a GM certified6 year 100k mile warranty. The dealer I purchased it from told me everything was covered. That dealer has since closed. I have an appointment to drop it off at another dealer for the following problems. 1) Steering box is leaking bad. 2) Antifreeze leak from somewhere, leaves a small puddle. 3) cigarett lighter and all powerpoints dont work. 4) Powerfold mirrors dont work. Also my tube steps have what I would consider major rust. The dealer I got it from said they were covered. My question is do you think they are going to fight me on any of these issues. The truck has 35k miles.
I'm not 100% sure, but you should be able to bring your truck to ANY dealer.

ryanh2
02-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I can take it anywhere. My concern is that the dealer I purchased it at promised me the world to make the sale.

hummeraddict
02-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I can take it anywhere. My concern is that the dealer I purchased it at promised me the world to make the sale.
Did you get it on paper? and what dealer was it? a hummer dealer? if you still have the factory warranty, you can bring it to any dealer.

ryanh2
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I got it at Eckenhoff Hummer in PA. I am taking it to Turnersville Hummer in NJ. I have the warranty paper. I can take it to any GM dealer. My concern is that the GM certified warranty doesnt honestly cover everything. Guess all I can do is wait and findout.

ryanh2
02-18-2009, 04:18 AM
I took the H2 in today. Sure enough every little thing is covered. Even the paint on my truck is covered for 6 years 100k miles.When the service writer put my vin number in he was surprised to see this on a Hummer. He said its normally only offered on Cadillac.

HummBob
02-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Cool Ryan!!!

Luv2Camp
02-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Has any one had any success getting any of the cracked leather seats or corroding chrome rims covered?

ryanh2
02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
My chrome rims are not peeling and my seats are in great shape. If they had any flaws I am positive I could get them replaced. This is the first time I have ever had such a great warranty experience. I must admit I am surprised to get this kind of service from GM. Its expected on high line cars but not so much on American made ones.

ryanh2
02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Picked the H2 up on Friday. They also replaced One license plate bulb and all tag bolts because they had a little rust. Again I am shocked at the service.