PDA

View Full Version : Best way to keep bumpers BLACK?

rw789
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey guys, Please tell me your best products on keeping the fading black bumpers black? Thanks, Rob.

ultralitepro
02-18-2009, 10:45 PM
I use something called Tuff Stuff Trim Spray that seems to work for a couple washes or so.. Best that i have found so far but that my opinion.

Its also quite hard to find too so good luck. They might not be making it anymore

bmbenear
02-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Mother's "Back to Black" trim conditioner works really well. Most automotive stores carry it.

Intercooled
02-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Someone mentioned "Black Again". They said it was the best theve used and its on his show cars. I'm going to give it a try this spring.

http://store.pakshak.com/black-again.html

splne1
02-19-2009, 11:17 PM
LINEX it:popcorn:

HummerMann
02-20-2009, 03:09 AM
I use Black Again on my H2 bumpers and have used it the last two years and like it a lot. I also use a VERY THIN application of it on the SUT bed black cover in back.

Intercooled
02-20-2009, 04:06 AM
I use Black Again on my H2 bumpers and have used it the last two years and like it a lot. I also use a VERY THIN application of it on the SUT bed black cover in back.
How long does it last?

jmsspratlin
02-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating. The dealer did everything. Bumpers, handle buckets, fender flares, hood plastic, and rear vents. All was paid for in addition to providing me a rental. Looks great and I don't ever have to worry about the plastics getting the chalky look. I will post up pics if interested.

rw789
02-20-2009, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE=jmsspratlin]Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating.

What is TSB?

HummBob
02-20-2009, 07:07 AM
[quote=jmsspratlin]Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating.

What is TSB?

Technical Service Bulletin

HummBob
02-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating. The dealer did everything. Bumpers, handle buckets, fender flares, hood plastic, and rear vents. All was paid for in addition to providing me a rental. Looks great and I don't ever have to worry about the plastics getting the chalky look. I will post up pics if interested.

I REALLY would like to see Pics!!! Do you know the bulletin #??

jmsspratlin
02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
I REALLY would like to see Pics!!! Do you know the bulletin #??
I'll see what it is. I'm at work at the moment though.

jmsspratlin
02-20-2009, 09:00 AM
First, here's the link http://gatorbackcoatings.com (click cladding restoration on the left then look at the bottom for the TSB link. Print it and take it to the dealer, that way they feel obligated to some degree to do it)

Second, the TSB is TSB # 08-08-111-003 It covers 2003-2007 H2 SUV and SUT

Hope this works out for you......Jamie

Intercooled
02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Never heard of this, post some pics!!

HummBob
02-21-2009, 07:35 AM
First, here's the link http://gatorbackcoatings.com (click cladding restoration on the left then look at the bottom for the TSB link. Print it and take it to the dealer, that way they feel obligated to some degree to do it)

Second, the TSB is TSB # 08-08-111-003 It covers 2003-2007 H2 SUV and SUT

Hope this works out for you......Jamie

Awesome Jamie....THANKS!!!!:clapping:

Goalkeeper
02-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Has anyone had the TSB serviced in the Richmond, VA area?

Thanks!

-Matt

Karsun
02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
The best stuff we have found is called Prolong. I can't find it in stores but I have seen it online. Awesome stuff.

jmsspratlin
02-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Has anyone had the TSB serviced in the Richmond, VA area?

Thanks!

-Matt

\
Just ease your mind, what Hummer does is to task it out to Chev dealer's body shop, unless you are fortunate enough to have a "Hummer" body shop where you live. Never heard of one though.

Rico001
02-27-2009, 12:52 AM
\
Just ease your mind, what Hummer does is to task it out to Chev dealer's body shop, unless you are fortunate enough to have a "Hummer" body shop where you live. Never heard of one though.

Our local Chevy Dealer will do the Gator Back process but only if you are the first owner.

I'm going to print this out for them and see what there story will be this time.

~Richard

HUMMERICH23
02-27-2009, 01:00 AM
How about the best product to clean the stainless steel tail pipes of say a Corsa Exhaust that has gunk all over it inside and out from a ****ty NEohio winter. I cant get off the black suit either from the internal combustion engine staining my pipes!

Richard

jmsspratlin
02-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Our local Chevy Dealer will do the Gator Back process but only if you are the first owner.

I'm going to print this out for them and see what there story will be this time.

~Richard

Richard,
Try University Hummer in Tallahassee, FL. Talk to Ege Jones in the parts dept. she is wonderful. They will in turn send it to Champion Chev. and they will do it. They also are quite familiar with the whole process.

Rico001
02-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanks:beerchug: for the advice on the dealer in Tallahassee.
We are going to have to get a few days off and go
over and see if they will do the mirrors and the Gator
Back too.
~Richard:jump:

bodyopus
03-05-2009, 04:49 AM
linex linex linex...! Love the stuff. I have my skid plate and my rear road armor bumpers and road armor bumper/grill all linex. Its black and much more durable and helps with the rugged look

H2Much
03-12-2009, 03:59 AM
The quickest, easiest fix to black out either plastics or the bumper, a product called "Trim Shine", made by Stoners. It is an aerosol can that sprays the product, real easy application. It seals and shines, turns grayed plastic glossy and jet black instantly, and lasts pretty good. Also repels water. I usually spray my plastics on every detail, and it works on any plastic too. Best part about this stuff, it's available at almost any Autozone or Checkers, so it's easy to get, not too pricy. I found out about it several years ago when I was trying to find ways to treat my Jeep plastics, went through alot of different products and money too before someone told me about this one. I got smarter since then, got rid of the Jeep.

jmsspratlin
03-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks:beerchug: for the advice on the dealer in Tallahassee.
We are going to have to get a few days off and go
over and see if they will do the mirrors and the Gator
Back too.
~Richard:jump:

What's the word?

Rico001
03-13-2009, 01:37 AM
What's the word?
Probably going to have to go over to Tallahassee and have them do it there since our Chevy dealer here is brain dead.
Will keep you up dated if we get it done soon.
~Richard

madmike
03-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Anyone know of a Hummer dealer in So Cal that honors that TSB? Im gonna try West Covina Hummer. Ill keep you updated:)

vandy0090
03-15-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah i think im going to take mine to edmond hummer in edmond ok. and see if this will work.. i hate and i mean HATE the faded look and i cant find anything that will last and not leave a greesy film all over my truck

Cazador
03-16-2009, 02:49 PM
yeah i think im going to take mine to edmond hummer in edmond ok. and see if this will work.. i hate and i mean HATE the faded look and i cant find anything that will last and not leave a greesy film all over my truck

Let us know how it goes in Edmond! That's where I take my truck, but I'm about 150 miles away and don't want to make a drive if they're not going to warranty it. :)

vandy0090
03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Let us know how it goes in Edmond! That's where I take my truck, but I'm about 150 miles away and don't want to make a drive if they're not going to warranty it. :)

will do sir. ill prob try and get a call in up there this week. :beerchug:

blksunblkmoon
03-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know how much $ this runs if your truck is already out of warrenty?

I have a black 05 SUT that now has grey bumpers :rant:

Kicking myself now for not doing the extended warrenty :raar:

vandy0090
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM

i just got off the phone with the hummer shop they said i need to take the truck up there and get pics taken and get it approved from the regonal service manager. so we will see what happens

madmike
03-26-2009, 05:10 AM
West Covina CA Hummer said" whered you get this printout?" haha. They said it would have to be approved by the manager but they were out of the product. He said "under warranty?" no:( He said" do you service the vehicle here?" No. Then its not gonna happen" Great. Made me upset that I was driving around advertising their product for free >( I was also thinkin about buying a SUT from the place. Not anymore XD

jmsspratlin
03-27-2009, 07:15 AM
West Covina CA Hummer said" whered you get this printout?" haha. They said it would have to be approved by the manager but they were out of the product. He said "under warranty?" no:( He said" do you service the vehicle here?" No. Then its not gonna happen" Great. Made me upset that I was driving around advertising their product for free >( I was also thinkin about buying a SUT from the place. Not anymore XD

out of it? They go to the site and order it for a discounted price. I hardly doubt the freaking manufacture is "out of it". The only thing out of it is them...they are out of their minds. It doesn't matter where you get it serviced....they are FOS. Anyway, call and demand to talk to the manager, then if not satisfied, go up the chain....what do YOU have to lose?

madmike
03-30-2009, 07:23 AM
yes the only way is leverage. I have to find a new angle. Going to see if I get anywhere with corporate. I think this only happens at choice dealerships. WEST COVINA HUMMER suck :D