PDA

View Full Version : modification questions

bodyopus
02-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Hello I am new to the site and have some questions for anyone out there that might have the knowledge to help. I am getting ready to modify my 2008 h2. I was originally planning on getting a road armor brushgaurd/bumper dakar atlas II and the rear bumper with corner gaurds and tire carrier and have recently found out they have had alot of complaints about not getting the products sent out in the promised 3 weeks-turned into 10-11 months. I was considering purchasing the "winch ready" version instead. Does anyone know about the company or quality.

Im also planning on getting them linex before installation and adding PIAA 510 driving lights and "plus 1" front and rear mounted driving lts and putting on a magnaflow cat back system (rear side exit) and getting a custom tune. Any one out there have some feed back or suggestions from there own experience?

HUMMERICH23
02-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I would first put your money into powertrain upgrades such as tune, exhaust, intake. As for the other stuff you mentioned i am not sure. Any upgrade of the headlights or adding lights is an extreme upgrade over stock because the stock headlamps suck asss. There is a good thread somewhere about doing HID headlights yourself instead of paying like 1000 for the whole setup. Good luck. What color is your H2. Oh yeah, i would buy any performance parts asap before suppliers jump on the bandwagon of terminating everything that is made for H2's but that shouldnt really be a problem.

bodyopus
02-19-2009, 03:28 PM
thanks, I have already gotten the volant air intake and I just ordered the magnaflow exhaust. Wheel 2 wheel was recently bought out by motorcity sports and they are putting it in with a custom tune.

My H2 is black on black. I replaced all the chrome with black custom parts from head to toe. I put a photo on my profile but Ill be sure to post these new upgrades. The brushgaurds take 6-8 weeks to custom make.

thanks