PDA

View Full Version : Suspension conversion

BKLYNH2
02-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Well it seems as though my air suspension is at a crossroads. It's not working again and has left the truck un-drivable. Most of the electrical components for it have water damage and the bags are shot as well. I think it may be time to switch it over to the coil suspension. Has any one done this. How difficult is it. I'm not taking it to a dealer because they don't deserve my business.

Easy Ed
02-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Search function is your friend :D

ROX
02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
I think tim has done the swap from Air to coil suspension.

I wouldn't think it's more than setting coils where the rear air bags are and maybe resetting the computer. Will you keep all the air components for airing up bike tires and stuff?

I searched a little yesterday, but I have never EVER been any good at finding anything with the search button. sorry dude.

ROX
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Search function is your friend :D
You could have posted the link ED!:twak: :D

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24471

Easy Ed
02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Sorry, I was on my :soapbox: about using the search function ;) :D

You could have posted the link ED!:twak: :D

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24471

timgco
02-25-2009, 05:44 AM
Well it seems as though my air suspension is at a crossroads. It's not working again and has left the truck un-drivable. Most of the electrical components for it have water damage and the bags are shot as well. I think it may be time to switch it over to the coil suspension. Has any one done this. How difficult is it. I'm not taking it to a dealer because they don't deserve my business.

SOOO, when you swap this out, are you going to do a nice writeup with pics? I looked at the other link (thanks Rox) and wasn;t sure on everything that was needed. A step by step would be very helpful.

iceman_137
03-27-2009, 03:27 AM
when you went too coils how did you get rid of the service air suspention reading on the dash ,called my dealer said they could not get rid of that.wont go coil and still look at that reading