PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for first trip to Moab

CUZICAN
03-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Heading out to Moab for the first time. I'm going with a group of experienced offroaders and these are the proposed trails we are going to run; Steel Bender, Fins & Things, Hells Revenge, Rose garden hill, Top of the World, Seven Mile Run, Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, and Gold bar Rim. I'm wondering if any of these trails will not be possible to run with a stock H2?

2of4
03-17-2009, 02:42 AM
You should be fine as long as you have a good spotter. I did a lot of these in my stock H2. I haven't done Rose yet.

DRTYFN
03-17-2009, 03:04 AM
You'll be fine. Just don't act like that fat POS tower.

ROX
03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Heading out to Moab for the first time. I'm going with a group of experienced offroaders and these are the proposed trails we are going to run; Steel Bender, Fins & Things, Hells Revenge, Rose garden hill, Top of the World, Seven Mile Run, Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, and Gold bar Rim. I'm wondering if any of these trails will not be possible to run with a stock H2?
Have a great time! When are you going?

Stock will be fine, don't forget to take a couple of spare tie rods if yours aren't upgraded to Fabtech. :)

CUZICAN
03-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the tip on the tie-rods ROX. I'm hoping I don't have a problem, but if not it will give the the excuse I need to start upgrading the suspension and maybe going bigger on the tires. Will be out there 3/30-4/3.

ROX
03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Will be out there 3/30-4/3.
I don't know what that is. Are they smaller than stock 35x12.5x17? You'll at least want a 35" tire if not 37" if it's practical, otherwise you'll find yourself high centered and riding the rock rails more often. If your going with other H2's then you can follow their line, if not, you'll need someone that can spot you in your truck. Don't get me wrong. You should be fine, but since you brought it up, I thought I'd mention it. Take at least one spare tie rod. It's important to have. I think the whole thing runs between $50 to $80. (i can't remember)

When are you headed out?

CUZICAN
03-19-2009, 06:02 PM
When are you headed out?

3/30-4/3 Are the dates I will be in Moab, sorry didn't mean to confuse. And yes they are the stock 35" BFGs. I will be going with all Jeeps so this should be interesting. :)

ROX
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
3/30-4/3 Are the dates I will be in Moab,
LOL!! My mistake. :D

Have fun and take lots of pictures! You're going before EJS(i think) so the trails won't be wiped out and crowded.

timgco
03-20-2009, 05:45 AM
If you have time, upgrade your steering stabilzer to teh RAncho one as well. You'll be thankful byt eh end of that trip. They'e like $85, but you have to have it put on as it requires a special tool. A set of 37's would will give you some extra GC too, but I have seen stock H2's run all of those trails. the stock BFG AT's do quite well on the slickrock. In fact, I think COHUMMER did all of those trails stock without anything done to his.