PDA

View Full Version : intermitent noise

max
03-26-2004, 01:12 PM
I have an H2 with 8000 miles on it. Since new, there has been a strange noise (sounds like corn popping)coming from behind the dash or firewall area. There is no rhythm to it and speed makes no difference. I even put in neutral while the noise is there at different speeds. Strangely, it seems worse during high winds and speed makes no difference. Every few days it seems to reappear. The dealer is no help.

max
I have an H2 with 8000 miles on it. Since new, there has been a strange noise (sounds like corn popping)coming from behind the dash or firewall area. There is no rhythm to it and speed makes no difference. I even put in neutral while the noise is there at different speeds. Strangely, it seems worse during high winds and speed makes no difference. Every few days it seems to reappear. The dealer is no help.

max

1BADH2
03-26-2004, 01:19 PM
I have a similar problem with that sound but it gets worse with speed. I think its my windshield, but your right the dealer is no help, they told me it was my winter blades. Please! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

PARAGON
03-26-2004, 01:25 PM
It's probably the plastic cowling around the windshield. I had mine fixed yesterday. They simply add something between the plastic and the windshield that stops the plastic from "popping."

max
03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks, I'll play with the cowling. On another note, I had my "service air suspention" notification come on, tilt to the drivers side, and the compressor stopped working. Dealer replaced a sensor and all seems fine again. Love my Hummer but have minor complaints about cheap frt bumper wings, gas milage and key fob rattling.

Klaus
03-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Paragon is correct... There is a TSB on this with new part numbers for the trim.

I'll post the TSB tonight.

TroysH2
03-27-2004, 12:42 AM
I have a "corn popping" sound behind the dash when the vehicle is first started. I also have the wind noise on the outside pillar covers. They make more of a snapping noise that changes with speed and outside wind conditions.

PARAGON
03-27-2004, 02:00 AM
They fixed the trim pieces on the pillars adjacent to the windshield. No more crackling noise at any speed.

The plastic is no longer raised away from the glass, it looks like it is glued down to the glass. Much cleaner looking

Klaus
03-27-2004, 02:25 AM
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Service Information</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<FORM name=topNavForm action=/servlets/CellHandler>
<TABLE width="100%" align=center>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD width="25%" slign="LEFT"></TD>
<TD align=middle width="50%">Document ID# 1100879
2003 HUMMER
H2 </TD>
<TD align=right width="25%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR>
</FORM>
<H1>Adm Msg - 2003 HUMMER H2 Windshield to A Pillar Moldings Loose or Come Off
(Adm Number HUS20020013 9/25/02) #HUS20020013 - (10/10/2002)</H1>Adm Msg -- 2003
HUMMER H2 Windshield to "A" Pillar Moldings Loose or Come Off (Admin Number
HUS20020013 -- 9/25/02)

2003 HUMMER H2</P>

General Manager, Service Manager, Parts Manager, Warranty Administrator,
New Vehicle Manager, Sales Manager</P>

If the windshield to "A" pillar moldings (plastic strips) are loose or come
off, revised replacement parts are being made available. The new part numbers
are as follows:</P>

Left hand -- P/N15195405</P>

Right hand -- P/N15195406</P>

These parts are currently available through Service and Parts Operations.</P>

</P>
<TABLE width="100%">
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD align=left width=778><FONT size=1>GM bulletins are intended for use by
professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written
to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles,
or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a
vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools,
safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely.
If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to
your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See
your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from
the information.
</FONT></TD>
<TD align=middle width=42></TD>
<TD align=middle width=167><FONT size=2>WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN
CERTIFICATION
</FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<P align=center>© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights
Reserved. </P>
<FORM name=bottomNavForm>
<HR>

<TABLE width="100%" align=center>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD width="25%" slign="LEFT"></TD>
<TD align=middle width="50%">Document ID# 1100879
2003 HUMMER
H2 </TD>
<TD align=right width="25%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM></BODY></HTML>

Livin\' Large
03-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Hey Klaus, how many service bulletins are out for the H2?

Klaus
03-27-2004, 02:41 AM
Livin',

Sorry - I never attempted to count them all. We native Alabamians know our limitations! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

max
03-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Thanks Klaus for the TSB.I will call the dealer and have them order the replacement parts. These forums are a wealth of information and I will ask here first and then go to the dealer with the solution to any problems for the repair. I will let you know how the fix works after the parts are installed.