PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Switch Maybe???

solarflare
04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm not really sure what is going on....but just in the last week when I take my foot off the gas, coming to a stop, the front end will clunk....almost like the gears aren't right. It did it really bad today.....it also makes this clunk in the rear end as well.....I've also noticed that my idle has been getting rough. Runs fine one minute, the next running rough. I know from my old 2005 that it had started clunking, and finally the ignition switch died in it......From what I was told it controls the transmission and shifting points, as well as engine idle, etc.
I'm kinda at a loss, because I don't have a Hummer dealer in my state, and I called Hummer and they said to bad....but did call back with a dealership that is over 2 hours away....that will take a look, but who knows if they know how to fix the problem.....
Does anyone know if there have been issues with a clunking problem in the drivetrain on the 08' models.....or if the ignition switches are still bad in the new models????

HummerJim
04-09-2009, 03:20 PM
My '08 does the same thing. It's mainly when I'm just starting out or turning off on a highway exit after a long drive on the highway. They tell me this is normal for the 6 speed transmission and I ignore it now.

HummerRidin26"kmc's
07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
The clunk in the front end could be comming from a loose center link bolt